iPhone 6 plus vs Galaxy Note 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ahem.
This is turning just shy of becoming a urinating contest complete with name calling and personal attacks. We do not condone those on this forum.
It's ok to like Android. It's ok to like Apple.
To each their own. There is no need to take another's choice personally to the point of needing to "go there".
If it goes further than where it is now posts will be edited, deleted and possibly further action toward the offender.
Thank you

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ahem.
This is turning just shy of becoming a urinating contest complete with name calling and personal attacks. We do not condone those on this forum.
It's ok to like Android. It's ok to like Apple.
To each their own. There is no need to take another's choice personally to the point of needing to "go there".
If it goes further than where it is now posts will be edited, deleted and possibly further action toward the offender.
Thank you

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Agreed. If this discussion can't be had in a civilized manner, the plug will be pulled on it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's perfectly fine to disagree and to discuss that disagreement, but this forum doesn't tolerate name-calling, trolling, harassing, or anything else along those lines.

Please be respectful of each other, or the discussion is over and infractions that may affect your ability to be a part of other discussions will be issued.

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
Apologies for any unintended offence caused by my anecdotes regarding my Apple experience.

I also have friends who have suffered the same trauma.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
No worries, carry on gentlemen!
Personally I prefer the Note 4, but I must admit I haven't used the new iPhone 6.

S5 tap'n

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
No worries, carry on gentlemen!
Personally I prefer the Note 4, but I must admit I haven't used the new iPhone 6.

S5 tap'n
I have.. My wife has an iP6+. It's actually a nice peace of gear. I agree, it's not an Android device, but it works well for those who just want a functional phone.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I have heard and read many a review that the camera on the iPhone 6 is amazing, especially in low light situations. I do enjoy a quality camera on my device, but if I can't deal with the rest of the OS, I'll take the next best thing dressed up in a little green suit.

S5 tap'n

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The camera does a nice job. It may even out perform my G3 in certain conditions. Apple does know what to provide their fans as I see a lot of iPhone selfies around.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have.. My wife has an iP6+. It's actually a nice peace of gear. I agree, it's not an Android device, but it works well for those who just want a functional phone.
To me ios is overly complicated, why I don't like it. To my wife Android is overly complicated, why she'll choose the desktop over my Tab 10.1 when her ipad is indisposed by our daughter. I remedied it by giving that same daughter, who doesn't give a rip about the os as long as it'll play My Little Ponies game and let her take screen shots of her creations , the Tab. It also gave me an excuse to get this Note8.
We've both been using our tablets since 2011 and both work extremely well for us in our world of differing tastes. My wife just got her first smartphone last summer, an iPhone because it's just like her ipad, and I still stick with all Android after a short stint with an iPad back in 11. I've messed with the iPhone a little, my older daughters iPod touches and it's just too much work for so little return for me.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Noteate

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
To me ios is overly complicated, why I don't like it. To my wife Android is overly complicated, why she'll choose the desktop over my Tab 10.1 when her ipad is indisposed by our daughter. I remedied it by giving that same daughter, who doesn't give a rip about the os as long as it'll play My Little Ponies game and let her take screen shots of her creations , the Tab. It also gave me an excuse to get this Note8.
We've both been using our tablets since 2011 and both work extremely well for us in our world of differing tastes. My wife just got her first smartphone last summer, an iPhone because it's just like her ipad, and I still stick with all Android after a short stint with an iPad back in 11. I've messed with the iPhone a little, my older daughters iPod touches and it's just too much work for so little return for me.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Noteate
A lot of it really does boil down to what you're used to. I jumped on the android train when the first one came out, even though the iPhone was available already (not on my carrier of choice, however).

I'm an IT guy and the guy who everyone I know calls for support with a large variety of devices, but I do my best to stay away from iDevices. When I do end up having to help someone do something on an ipad or iphone, I feel the pain you mention, but I'm convinced that that's only because things aren't where I feel they should be and/or don't work like I feel they should. But, if I had chosen the other path, I think I could see the same issue with android.

I do, however, believe that my own personal tastes would've led me to android eventually anyway, but I guess I'll never really know.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming that you're one of the sheep who buy phones to be fashionable.
If iPhony was a car it would only have one door, no boot (trunk for you colonials) :D and the bonnet (hood) would be padlocked and could only be serviced by Apple service stations miles from home.
I've had the Apple experience, never again. :p
Actually this is my first IPhone and I think it's a pretty cool phone. I see you said "
I've had the Apple experience, never again.", how about extending that kind of Love over here before you label me a sheep. Being fashionable had nothing to do with it. I'm 47yrs young, I'm past that stage in life.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Actually this is my first IPhone and I think it's a pretty cool phone. I see you said "
I've had the Apple experience, never again.", how about extending that kind of Love over here before you label me a sheep. Being fashionable had nothing to do with it. I'm 47yrs young, I'm past that stage in life.
The debate & name calling stage of this conversation are over. Feel free to share your feelings, but we won't have that kind of back & forth here if it's reduced to attacking each other.

We're all family here.

To each, their own.

Not saying you're in the wrong, but let's let bygones be bygones at this point.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It is a great device. I think what Jonny mentioned earlier rings true for many people. Oftentimes we tend to favor the OS we've used and become familiar with over the years. Plus, if you already have Apple iPads & Macs in your household, it certainly makes the transition easier. Nobody makes their devices easier to pair and use with one another the way Apple does.

S5 tap'n

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I disagree, I don't think the IPhone is not overly complicated. Personally, it's just as simple if not more simple to use than Android. Especially a Note 3 and 4. Android works, IPhones work, it's just how do you wanna roll.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is a great device. I think what Jonny mentioned earlier rings true for many people. Oftentimes we tend to favor the OS we've used and become familiar with over the years. Plus, if you already have Apple iPads & Macs in your household, it certainly makes the transition easier. Nobody makes their devices easier to pair and use with one another the way Apple does.

S5 tap'n
Me, I wanted to walk on water or get out of the boat. And now that Steve Jobs beckoned me to walk on water, I think it's pretty cool. I know that was wrong..:D

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
LOL!
We'll, as long as you're happy with your choice, that's the important part.
I think Apple is a simpler device to use overall. My 68 y/o Mother in law recently switched from the Galaxy S3 to an iPhone 6. There are quite a few things she misses from her Android device, but as a whole it's been much easier for her to use.

S5 tap'n