The Note 3 Is More Durable Than The Iphone 6 Plus

jspradling7

Reaction score
You're fixated on men in tight pants....revealing something???

And you can't even sit down with dockers on w/a large phone???? My note 3 has never bothered me while at work....I guess you may need ot stick to the smaller devices in life...

Oh I am big boy, now come over here and give me a little smooch. : )

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have seen 'stupid' people doing 'stupid' things, well this is one of them, and the hammer test to a smartphone is another.
(Edit: staff)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Not defending the iPhone or Apple at all here....sounds like there might be a design flaw in the new phones. But...I read an article this morning that said "bend tests" have never been a standard Quality Assurance measure by ANY phone manufacturer. Maybe this is all a little overblown by the media? I mean is any phone really meant to be sat on...no matter what type of pants?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a small handful of common aluminum alloys, and a ridiculous amount of ways they can be tempered, not to mention the aluminum to "metal X" ratio (also calling dibs on Metal X for my band name). Thusly some alloys are stronger than others. Apple probably decided they could get away with cheap alloy from the lowest bidder, and decided because the phone is made out of metal, that it wouldn't need structural support inside. Obviously a big mistake.
I wonder if Samsung makes the bodies, like they do Apple screens . If so, possible payback for the frivolous lawsuits? muhaha

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The bodies are most likely made by another Chinese vendor, the only quality components in the phone are manufactured by Samsung.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not defending the iPhone or Apple at all here....sounds like there might be a design flaw in the new phones. But...I read an article this morning that said "bend tests" have never been a standard Quality Assurance measure by ANY phone manufacturer. Maybe this is all a little overblown by the media? I mean is any phone really meant to be sat on...no matter what type of pants?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sat on? No. Front pocket? Thats not sitting on. I believe most men put their phones in their front pocket, most women in their back pocket. The day I have to worry about my phone in my front pocket is the day I go back to feature phones....or the day I start losing weight because my pants are too tight.

Has it been confirmed that ppl had their phones bend in the front pocket? I see ppl posting on Apple centric sites saying it happened in their front pocket.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Sat on? No. Front pocket? Thats not sitting on. I believe most men put their phones in their front pocket, most women in their back pocket. The day I have to worry about my phone in my front pocket is the day I go back to feature phones....or the day I start losing weight because my pants are too tight.

Has it been confirmed that ppl had their phones bend in the front pocket? I see ppl posting on Apple centric sites saying it happened in their front pocket.

I Googled "iphone 6 bending" and got over 4 million hits. I'm wondering if Chrysler made the chassis. : )

Optimusdan

Reaction score
The Note 4 will also be much much better! It won't bend for sure.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I think it will bend with the new aluminum chasis.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The latest iPhone 6 fiasco says a guys phone bent overnight while charging it upside down propped up against a wall.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
No way! You either need 25kg of pressure or 300° fahrenheit to bend it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ByU-6r8IEAAmmtA.jpg

^couldn't resist. Ok no more bend jokes from me for at least....a few minutes. Its ok Apple you had your fun when we had phones that lagged to death and an app store that was basically empty.