mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A-MEN TO THAT!!! Brother!!!!
I am SICK of seeing the Feminization of our "men-boys"
Women want Manly men!!!
Back in my day we had Heros like Indiana Jones...
Now we have Vampires that Sparkle..... WHAT THE.......????
Back in my day we had John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. They made Indiana Jones look like a sissy and didn't see the need to shave all their body hair to look pre puberty like. Tom Selleck looked like a friggin grizzly bear on Rogaine. (Oops wrong thread. Should be in rant thread :) )

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stop sitting down with the phone in your pocket!!!
This isn't the first phone to bend. Ask DroidX, Droid Razr, etc about this.

Put it in a durable case or don't put it in your pocket.
You want thin. You want light weight. You want solid. You want durable.....
You want.....
There are trade offs and it turns out this one resulted in a device you can bend.
Don't bend it......

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I imagine they'll start giving away free cases and in the meantime make the necessary fix, or some type of adjustment/reinforcement before releasing their next batch.
That's always been Apples strong suit (well made hardware) so I wouldn't be surprised if we hear something official from them before long.
That said, I think the whole "thin" factor has gotten out of hand imo. There comes a point where it's too thin, which in turn makes it less durable (as we're seeing here), and more difficult to hold, unless it's in a case. Not to mention reducing the ability to put in a decent sized battery.

tap'n on my S5

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
They are honoring returns if it passes some sort of eye test of an Apple employee at the stores.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Apple will just issue titanium reinforcement cases to solve this bendagate.
Too expensive, more like rubber bumpers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me that this wasn't caught. Wasn't the Plus supposed to come out after the 6?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

shockracer

Reaction score
The guy in the video said "it is aluminum so it will bend", umm, has he never been around any other aluminum phone? I have yet to see any other phone do that so easily.

The quality control at Apple passed away...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I read that in a few articles as well Jackie. I'm thinking that Apple didn't want to miss any potential sales with the Note 4 soon to come out. Anyone who has any experience with the Note devices, know that there is currently no real competition in the "phablet" arena. (and that's still the case)

tap'n on my S5

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
The guy in the video said "it is aluminum so it will bend", umm, has he never been around any other aluminum phone? I have yet to see any other phone do that so easily.

The quality control at Apple passed away...

There's a small handful of common aluminum alloys, and a ridiculous amount of ways they can be tempered, not to mention the aluminum to "metal X" ratio (also calling dibs on Metal X for my band name). Thusly some alloys are stronger than others. Apple probably decided they could get away with cheap alloy from the lowest bidder, and decided because the phone is made out of metal, that it wouldn't need structural support inside. Obviously a big mistake.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Take a breath Nancy you're going to hyperventilate. I don't know about you but I don't go to business meetings in tight jeans with a phablet in my front pocket, mine's always on the table. I just can't see myself sitting down with a 6" phablet in my front or back pocket even when wearing Dockers, too uncomfortable. But Johnomaz is right, people are going to do it. I hadn't heard about the bending when bumping a table or something.
You're fixated on men in tight pants....revealing something???

And you can't even sit down with dockers on w/a large phone???? My note 3 has never bothered me while at work....I guess you may need ot stick to the smaller devices in life...

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I've had the Note3 since day 1 and my son has had the Note2 since release and we've ridden a ridiculous number of roller coasters with them in our front pocket and no issues to date. Was there concern at first? Sure, but they have proven capable of everything we've done with them.

Note: neither one of us wear tight girls' pants though.

vjjohnvill

Reaction score
Apple launched iPhone 6 plus in a hurry and forgot everything what a good product should be.. this makes samsung an edge for their note 4.

Reactions: cr6

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm waiting to see the Note 4 bend test. You know it's coming.