iPhone 6 plus vs Galaxy Note 4

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
MTE5NDg0MDYzNTAwOTYxMjk1.png

note4-edge-1.jpg

Apple fans and media are feeling the hype from Apple's iPhone 6 announcement. Finally they gave fans what they asked for providing a larger iPhone in the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus with a larger 4.7 inch and 5.5 inch screens respectively. But how does this new "larger" iPhone stack up against the Note 4?

The iPhone 6 plus is equipped with a new A8 64-bit processor, M8 motion coprocessor, 5.5 inch 1920 x 1080 display, 7.1 mm thin, and by far the best iPhone camera that comes in at 1.5 microns, f 2.2 aperture with the ability to capture video at 1080p at 60 fps, 240 fps slow motion.

But the Note 4 is no slouch coming in with a 5.7 inch, 1440x2560, 550 ppi, 1080p Super AMOLED display, 16 mp camera that can take 1080p videos at 60 fps, all powered by Qualcomm's snapdragon 2.7 GHz 805 quad core processor, 3 gigs of RAM, with the option of either 32 or 64 gigs on onboard memory, and a 3220 mAh battery.

So how do you see the iPhone 6 plus stacking up against the Note 4?

Last edited by a moderator:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think the S Pen of the Note 4 is a huge advantage to what the iPhone 6 Plus has to offer. The S Pen gives the Note 4 so many features that I think Apple really missed the mark on with releasing a device with such a large screen. With so much extra real estate to work with, Apple could've done something different and offered a bit more than just the bigger screen.

The iPhone 6P is "just a bigger iPhone", while the Note 4 is a bigger phone with some good added bells and whistles.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the S Pen of the Note 4 is a huge advantage to what the iPhone 6 Plus has to offer. The S Pen gives the Note 4 so many features that I think Apple really missed the mark on with releasing a device with such a large screen. With so much extra real estate to work with, Apple could've done something different and offered a bit more than just the bigger screen.

The iPhone 6P is "just a bigger iPhone", while the Note 4 is a bigger phone with some good added bells and whistles.
An iPad is also just a bigger iPhone. Just sayin'.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

wilyums

Reaction score
I have the Note 3 and will say this. If the Note 4 also has reception issues, the I phone will be better. I love Android, but what good is a phone without data or calls? Samsung and Verizon dropped the ball on the Note 3.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had the Note 3 (Android) but now since Apple has somewhat stepped up to the plate, I'll give Apple (IOS 8) a chance. HEY!!!!!, DONT JUDGE ME!!!!! :D

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I've had the Note 3 (Android) but now since Apple has somewhat stepped up to the plate, I'll give Apple (IOS 8) a chance. HEY!!!!!, DONT JUDGE ME!!!!! :D
Don't worry. ... you'll be back. I tried the ip5.... jail broken is almost as good as stock android. The games are far superior on is though.

kitty start

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
+86
iPhone 6 plus 'camera and the IOS 8 are worth expecting.

annabelanwen

Reaction score
Dont give your hard earned money so easily for a product that will become obsolete next year.

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
Android is for the discerning phone aficionado.

iPhone is for sheep.

I have owned iPhones 2, 3 and 4 and the difference between them was minimal.

My son dabbled with an iPhone and is in the process of offloading it after I gave him my old Galaxy S 3 yesterday saying that he'd learned his lesson.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Android is for the discerning phone aficionado.

iPhone is for sheep.

I have owned iPhones 2, 3 and 4 and the difference between them was minimal.

My son dabbled with an iPhone and is in the process of offloading it after I gave him my old Galaxy S 3 yesterday saying that he'd learned his lesson.

Luddit definition-- a member of any of the bands of English workers who destroyed machinery, especially in cotton and woolen mills, that they believed was threatening their jobs (1811–16). HUM 110
Are you saying that because you're on Android Forums? Personally, I think the Note 4 is a wonderful piece of technology as is the IPhone 6+. I don't think anyone could go wrong with either. Just my 0.02
LOL!!! on the Luddit. Just had an exam on that very word. I got the definition right :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I have the Note 3 and will say this. If the Note 4 also has reception issues, the I phone will be better. I love Android, but what good is a phone without data or calls? Samsung and Verizon dropped the ball on the Note 3.

I have the Note Edge and the i6 Plus. The Note Edge receives a better signal than the i6. The Edge also has stronger wifi and Bluetooth on board. Every phone in the family is superior to the i6 in terms of signal strengths. We have an S5, Note 4, Note Edge, LG G3, i5S. All of them are better.

The only thing that I see the i6 has going for it is the TouchID.

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
Crank - a pejorative term used for a person who holds an unshakeable belief that most of his contemporaries consider to be false
Synonyms - crackpot, kook, fanatic. :D

All of which has nothing to do with the fact that the iPhony is vastly inferior to current, and past, Android phones and is completely irrelevant to this thread. :p

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
You just plain wrong for that one :D

I'm assuming that you're one of the sheep who buy phones to be fashionable.
If iPhony was a car it would only have one door, no boot (trunk for you colonials) :D and the bonnet (hood) would be padlocked and could only be serviced by Apple service stations miles from home.
I've had the Apple experience, never again. :p