iphone 4s vs droid bionic

Dunc

Reaction score
Well really, the iPhone 4S is already behind the curve and the damn phone isn't even out yet. Ok so what it has a dual core processor, Moto phones have had those for months now. Ok so it has an 8MP camera, Motorola, among other brands have had those for months now. The funny thing is, it still has a 3.5 inch screen? WTH, Boost mobile android phones have bigger screens than that. Now i know its not about screen size, but when your reading emails and things online a lot, like me, having a bigger screen, pays off. So now after reading just what i posted, who do you think will win? And thats just a few of the things on the list, there are more but..ill let others do that.
So the 4S is behind the curve when it has the same hardware as the Bionic that just came out? lol The logic doesn't work. So really it's only behind the curve because of a 1/2" smaller screen?

Jaycea22

Reaction score
The iPhone was behind because android already had those features. Now w the 4s they have caught up but still behind because of no 4g

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
So the 4S is behind the curve when it has the same hardware as the Bionic that just came out? lol The logic doesn't work. So really it's only behind the curve because of a 1/2" smaller screen?

No, thats not what i meant. The iPhone is always behind the curve. They rush phones out so they can get all the money they can with the brand name not actually how the phone performs. Ok well if were going with your logic, then since the Bionic is older than the 4s and the 4s has yet to be released then it is behind the curve since it has a few of the same specs as an older device lol.

wilboy

Reaction score
I don't think 4S can make calls,txting while on the Internet not like DB...(correct me if i'm wrong). :)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Attracts different people females usually prefer the iphone because its nicer looking easier to understand and smaller.
Its all about preference. Imo

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Your girlfriend is lying to you.

Kidding.

On a more serious note, I would have to say, the Bionic is better.

They both have serious faults though and I'll explain.

With the Iphone 4s they failed to make the screen larger, even 3.7'' or 4'' would have been a great improvement. They failed to address the glass issue on the back, which is well known for cracking very easily. They also failed to think about LTE, which will be very prominent within the next 2 years(as it's widely used in all major cities already).

With the Bionic, the screen size is great, but the screen itself is lacking in quality, you can argue it, but the facts are there in plain sight. They could have used a nicer screen, they're available, but they chose not to. They also used cheaper materials for the chin of the device(painted plastic will chip) and the back of the device, which causes a large amount of them to creak because of poor choice in materials used.

Overall, the Bionic wins because screen size matters, LTE is becoming the norm as it's such an incredible improvement over 3G.

The Iphone 4S did a couple things Moto failed to do though, they improved their camera, making it even more superior. They improved antenna technology and used their most advance dual core chip.

I think the strangest thing about these phones are, both companies failed to correct issues that had occurred with previous devices, that could have easily been addressed and greatly improved both devices.

Moto failed to improve their screen quality and they went backwards in build quality.

Apple failed to increase their screen size and they didn't even address their build quality(glass) concerns.

No phone is perfect, we all know that, but I think that if those few things I mentioned would have been addressed by both Apple and Moto, we would have 2 much better devices to choose from.

pastor_rob

Reaction score
I guess it just depends on your preference really. I have both the iPhone 4 and the Bionic and they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I will NOT be getting the 4S ... since the upgrade is so minimal ... I didn't but a smartphone because of the size of the camera ... though it doesn't hurt ... that is NOT the main reason I purchase a phone ... I want functionality and form ... and they both have their ways to go.

Now if the iphone 5 is a great step up ... then we will see ... but by then Droid will come out with their next "iPhone killer" as well ... so it will always be ... PREFERENCE ... bottom line.

Sometimes you feel like a NUT ... sometimes you DON'T ... lol

Peace

pastor_rob

Reaction score
I'm in Verizon my friend!

One of the pluses of 4G Verizon phones ... is that for the 1st time on Verizon ... you can NOW do talking and browsing at the same time ... thus my reason for doing the Bionic and NOT The 4S.

It is nice to be able to do both ... something AT&T has been allowing for quite some time ... though AT&T's overall coverage sucks ... when compared to Verizon ... so what if you can do both at the same time ... but half of the time you got NO signal at all ... lol

Peace

wilboy

Reaction score
Deleted...double post!

Last edited:

wilboy

Reaction score
One of the pluses of 4G Verizon phones ... is that for the 1st time on Verizon ... you can NOW do talking and browsing at the same time ... thus my reason for doing the Bionic and NOT The 4S.

It is nice to be able to do both ... something AT&T has been allowing for quite some time ... though AT&T's overall coverage sucks ... when compared to Verizon ... so what if you can do both at the same time ... but half of the time you got NO signal at all ... lol

Peace

I'm not having any problem w/ my Bionic ever since specially my 4g and wifi(@Home)..have had a good signal here in my place..but lately my 3g is getting slow specially daytime..:)

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
iPhone by default. Not an apple fan at all, but people go crazy for it. How many preorders are there for it?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

iGrizz

Reaction score
You know Apple fanatics will flock for the 4S for three reasons...

1. New Apple device (always a given)
2. Steve Jobs passed away meaning Apple fanatics feel obligated to purchase the new iPhone.
3. Everybody will want the 4S because someone they know has it and they don't want to have the old iPhone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums