iphone 4s vs droid bionic

gthotie5

Reaction score
Attracts different people females usually prefer the iphone because its nicer looking easier to understand and smaller.
Its all about preference. Imo

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

tgs3838

Reaction score
I think the Bionic looks better than the Iphone.The Iphone use to look pretty nice. But now when i look at it...It almost seems like it needs a make over or something. I think many of the new phones on the market look better.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Who do I think will win?

The consumer...whatever phone they choose. Me? I want LTE now....nothing less. So any Android phone coming out that isnt LTE is a no go for me. That would instantly cross the iPhone 4S off my list.

Last edited:

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Well really, the iPhone 4S is already behind the curve and the damn phone isn't even out yet. Ok so what it has a dual core processor, Moto phones have had those for months now. Ok so it has an 8MP camera, Motorola, among other brands have had those for months now. The funny thing is, it still has a 3.5 inch screen? WTH, Boost mobile android phones have bigger screens than that. Now i know its not about screen size, but when your reading emails and things online a lot, like me, having a bigger screen, pays off. So now after reading just what i posted, who do you think will win? And thats just a few of the things on the list, there are more but..ill let others do that.

Tillmorn

Reaction score
here's one for you, pay particular attention to the 3rd paragraph from the end. With IPhone 4S Hiccup, Apple Opens Windows Of Opportunity | Fox News

Well written. However, I have to nitpick a bit here and get my tech nerdiness on. They complain about HSPA+ not being true 4G technology, and then say Wimax and LTE services are. Last I checked, neither of those services met the official standards of 4G that ITU originally released either, and LTE even stands for Long Term Evolution...not 4G Here and Now.

Anyway, as to the iPhone 4S vs Bionic debate. It's simple really: What are you buying the phone for? If you're buying for status purposes, you'll probably flock to the 4S, regardless of the fact that it looks the same. In all honesty, I think the same people that are trashing it now would have jumped all over it if it had been named the iPhone 5 and had a different case style. There would have been lines down the street again. Even with it not breaking any new ground or supporting LTE, people would have touted the dual-core processor, Siri, and 8MP camera like they were cutting-edge and years ahead of the competition. As it stands now, it's kind of a "meh" device for those that are not Apple enthusiasts. Thanks Apple, but I'll refrain from blending into the crowd.

And those of us that go with the Bionic or the upcoming Vigor will be choosing them for the Android platform, which you can do so much more with, the LTE service, and most importantly...the Android community (well, those of us on these forums at least). Not to mention, it's kind of nice when someone asks in wonderment what phone you're using instead of the whole "Oh, you have an iPhone!" Verizon should hire me as an "out of office" sales rep since I have talked a good 6 to 7 people into picking up a Bionic after they played with mine.

darkmatter

Reaction score
Well really, the iPhone 4S is already behind the curve and the damn phone isn't even out yet. Ok so what it has a dual core processor, Moto phones have had those for months now. Ok so it has an 8MP camera, Motorola, among other brands have had those for months now. The funny thing is, it still has a 3.5 inch screen? WTH, Boost mobile android phones have bigger screens than that. Now i know its not about screen size, but when your reading emails and things online a lot, like me, having a bigger screen, pays off. So now after reading just what i posted, who do you think will win? And thats just a few of the things on the list, there are more but..ill let others do that.

Funny thing about the screen size. After using my d3 for a while, I was messing around with my d1, and I found myself liking the smaller size. We all forget that at the end of the day, these are still phones...and the iphone is a better size for a phone than most android phones, imo.

And I agree with the comment that if they'd have called the 4s the iphone5,it would have been met with much fanfare. Hell, wasn't the iphone5 expected to have the same chipset as the ipad2 anyway?...

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Funny thing about the screen size. After using my d3 for a while, I was messing around with my d1, and I found myself liking the smaller size. We all forget that at the end of the day, these are still phones...and the iphone is a better size for a phone than most android phones, imo.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Yeah screen size is subjective. Something like that shouldn't be touted as an advantage, neither should weight. I like heavier phones, thats why I prefer Moto's build quality over the other OEMs.