iPhone 4 vs motorola droid

justjosh

Reaction score
So I went with my friend who is on att to the iphone launch. After waiting in line for almost 4 hours we finally got in the apple store. While my friend was activating his iphone, I sneaked a few tests in with my droid :)

My droid is running froyo, oc'ed to 1ghz on 3g

Iphone 4 was on wifi

I consistently beat the iphone loading web pages. I was actually quite surprised. If I was on wifi and using an even faster kernel it was have been an even bigger beating lol. With the combo of better notifications, REAL multitasking, and flash I can truly say the iphone is not as good as the latest line of android phones :)

MyDroid23

Reaction score
So I went with my friend who is on att to the iphone launch. After waiting in line for almost 4 hours we finally got in the apple store. While my friend was activating his iphone, I sneaked a few tests in with my droid :)

My droid is running froyo, oc'ed to 1ghz on 3g

Iphone 4 was on wifi

I consistently beat the iphone loading web pages. I was actually quite surprised. If I was on wifi and using an even faster kernel it was have been an even bigger beating lol. With the combo of better notifications, REAL multitasking, and flash I can truly say the iphone is not as good as the latest line of android phones :)

I can't stand the false claim by at&t that they have the fastest 3g. My buddy with his apple 3g and I did a comparison to see who has the fastest 3g and every time my droid pwnd.

modified

Reaction score
I also played around with the iPhone 4. While the applications (games & productivity) ones are much better on the iPhone, its multitasking and browser cannot compete with Android and the Verizon network.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am lazy and since these are popping up I am going to paste what I said before.

I have an honest assessment about the iphone 4 despite fanboy over here talkin junk. Oh there is an app that allows them to play some flash videos. I was about to make fanboy feel small but felt ima let hime feel good about his purchase. Now all in all the iphone 4 is a nice device. If I still had an iphone 3gs and never had a droid I would love the iphone 4. It plays videos nice and crisp.....I mean the video quality is amazing. I like the improvements and believe its a solid device that I would definitely recommend to att /iphone users.

With that said I would not even trade a droid eris for it. I can do more on my motto droid and plus it is on a better network. Android and iphone users are apple and oranges imo. I like being able to customizze and decide what I want. Its something about going android, once u root and install roms, overclock, I can not see myself going back to an iphone. It would be like driving a benz and having to go back to a beat up toyota.
People that prefer either android or iphone choose it because they are comfortable with device. I can list faults of the iphone but someone can do the same for the droid. I need not for the i4 to "fail" in order to make the droid a solid device. I prefer the droid someone prefer the iphone ...oh well life goes on, that's competition that's the market. Ima leave it up to google and apple to go to war with each other. Ima buy the device I want and let someone else buy the device they want. I am happy they are happy, move on.
What makes people mad are the fanboys (both android and iphone) running around finding issues with other peoples phone so they can feel good. Look if u like ur phone cool, if not get what you like. I know on this forum we have fun talkin junk about the iphone but in reality people should not go out there pullin out there droid so u can try to make the iphone 4 fans mad. Let them feel good about their purchase just like you feel good about yours.

Beardface

Reaction score
I am lazy and since these are popping up I am going to paste what I said before.

I have an honest assessment about the iphone 4 despite fanboy over here talkin junk. Oh there is an app that allows them to play some flash videos. I was about to make fanboy feel small but felt ima let hime feel good about his purchase. Now all in all the iphone 4 is a nice device. If I still had an iphone 3gs and never had a droid I would love the iphone 4. It plays videos nice and crisp.....I mean the video quality is amazing. I like the improvements and believe its a solid device that I would definitely recommend to att /iphone users.

With that said I would not even trade a droid eris for it. I can do more on my motto droid and plus it is on a better network. Android and iphone users are apple and oranges imo. I like being able to customizze and decide what I want. Its something about going android, once u root and install roms, overclock, I can not see myself going back to an iphone. It would be like driving a benz and having to go back to a beat up toyota.
People that prefer either android or iphone choose it because they are comfortable with device. I can list faults of the iphone but someone can do the same for the droid. I need not for the i4 to "fail" in order to make the droid a solid device. I prefer the droid someone prefer the iphone ...oh well life goes on, that's competition that's the market. Ima leave it up to google and apple to go to war with each other. Ima buy the device I want and let someone else buy the device they want. I am happy they are happy, move on.
What makes people mad are the fanboys (both android and iphone) running around finding issues with other peoples phone so they can feel good. Look if u like ur phone cool, if not get what you like. I know on this forum we have fun talkin junk about the iphone but in reality people should not go out there pullin out there droid so u can try to make the iphone 4 fans mad. Let them feel good about their purchase just like you feel good about yours.

iPhone and all the Apple devices are like a Honda Accord. You get what you pay for and while it doesn't necessarily have all the bells and whistles, its a very reliable car and is the most popular car for a reason. They're reliable, they don't break, you don't have to really do anything to get the most out of it, and they're just good.

Android devices are like Nissan and Mitsubishi cars. For all intents and purposes, they're as reliable as the Honda, but they aren't really known for it. Many people who get them like to customize the heck out of them to make them more to their own liking. When customized, they are flashier and quicker than the Accord.

Each type is really good in its own right. However, you won't find many who use them that would switch to the other. They are made to the liking of the respective buyers. Both are good and its ridiculous to think that one is better than the other when you really look at it.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I like to think of it this way...

iPhone and all the Apple devices are like a Honda Accord. You get what you pay for and while it doesn't necessarily have all the bells and whistles, its a very reliable car and is the most popular car for a reason. They're reliable, they don't break, you don't have to really do anything to get the most out of it, and they're just good.

Android devices are like Nissan and Mitsubishi cars. For all intents and purposes, they're as reliable as the Honda, but they aren't really known for it. Many people who get them like to customize the heck out of them to make them more to their own liking. When customized, they are flashier and quicker than the Accord.

Each type is really good in its own right. However, you won't find many who use them that would switch to the other. They are made to the liking of the respective buyers. Both are good and its ridiculous to think that one is better than the other when you really look at it.

Hey , I have a Honda and I can tell you that the iPhone doesn't hold a candle to the Accord :laugh:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
video quALITY

[video=youtube;0ot-6DXV5kM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ot-6DXV5kM"]YouTube - iPhone 4 Video Quality Test #1[/video]

the guy who made that video also had a rant lol

[video=youtube;IE63wtocQX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch#%21v=IE63wtocQX4&feature=channel"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/video]

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sorry here is the rant

[video=youtube;IE63wtocQX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE63wtocQX4]YouTube - How to Upload HD Videos from the iPhone 4 and Rant![/video]

Asterisk

Reaction score
I was a person who switched from an iPhone to a Android phone. When I had my iPhone I thought it was the biggest and baddest phone out there. Then my friend showed my the Droid and I was like "no thanks I have an iPhone." Well a few months later I got my phone cut off for not being able to pay the bill and decided to wait a little bit. Once I got my Droid I was in love all over again. I prefer the Droid because of everything I can do with it. The most you can do with an iPhone is jailbreak it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Gotta admit, that 720p video was pretty outstanding quality.

That said, fanboy needs to try a Droid.

NoKz

Reaction score
Hey, my GF and I have a 2002 Honda Accord and that thing is as solid as a rock still. She uses it as a DD and it's perfect for her. Now I will admit, the HD video posted was awesome. However, all of the current iPhone issues greatly hurt the iPhone experience for many people. I think it will have a huge positive effect on the Android OS.

Last edited:

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
I'm rocking a 1988 CRX Si.

It has never given me a single problem.

I also have a Droid, which gives me no problems and multitasks circles around an iPhone.

I don't think the two things are related, but I can't help loving my car and my phone because they are both very customizable, as fast as they need to be, and didn't cost me an arm and a leg.