Getting an iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwagner88

Reaction score
I actually really want an iphone 4 but in my area At&t has terrible service. If apple puts that phone on Verizon then I'll be heading to the store right away.

+1. I'm a sucker for pixel density, and frankly, from what I've experienced so far with flash on the droid, I wouldn't be missing much on the iPhone. I haven't been able to make a single game work correctly. Of course I also wouldn't come and make a trollish post in a droid fan-forum if I bought one either. Pretty childish thing to do if you ask me.

alucard9114

Reaction score
i agree flash is a huge seller for me i left iphone for poor reception.Evo for sprint maybe the only other phone coming out worth having.

muzhik

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OnePlus One
iphone... nice...

i had original, used it with tmo, then switched back to verizon for storm 1, then decided to give another chance to att, switched to 3gs... but i couldn't believe how crappy their service was(is)... after 4 months, i couldn't deal with att, so i switched to verizon (again) and got droids. (i was lucky enough not to pay termination fee, based on crappy service)

in conclusion, iphone needs to be jailbroken to get full use, same with droid, needs to be rooted, final decision is based on network, but even if iphone would be available on verizon, i would think twice b4 getting it.

Rated_R

Reaction score
I had an iPhone 2g and a 3g. Had terrible AT&T service. AT&T suggested it was the phone. So I bought an unlocked BB Storm. Guess what... I had the same reception problems. But I liked the storm much more than the iPhone because of random different issues. Then I switched to verizon and got the Moto Droid. I will never go back. Android for life. The android platform can do everything that ANY iPhone can and more. And Android will do it faster and better.

Here is a tip on how to stay away from the trash in the market. READ THE DESCRIPTION AND THE COMMENTS. 99% of the time common sense will tell you if you should steer clear. Oh wait.... 99% of the population doesnt have common sense....FAIL

movadoevo8

Reaction score
I actually really want an iphone 4 but in my area At&t has terrible service. If apple puts that phone on Verizon then I'll be heading to the store right away.

+1. I'm a sucker for pixel density, and frankly, from what I've experienced so far with flash on the droid, I wouldn't be missing much on the iPhone. I haven't been able to make a single game work correctly. Of course I also wouldn't come and make a trollish post in a droid fan-forum if I bought one either. Pretty childish thing to do if you ask me.

Well I believe correct me if im wrong the flash we are using and the leaked froyo do not run as the Official Froyo and Flash that it will come with. Once that comes out and people Root that/make ROMS based on the official ROM I believe it will RUN way smoother like people like to say "like butter".

Zac7

Reaction score
DROID! Iphone is cool if u like a phone that is same out the box as a three year old one. It sucks not being able to make it your own. Love android.!

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
BTDT. Had AT&T before I got my Droid. Crappy service, non-customizable phone, and no flash, ever. I'll take my Droid, thanks. Good riddance.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
This was fun reading. So much good stiff posted my post would be HUGE quoting it all.

Now matter how amazing the phone, the service has to match. And even if it came to Verizon, I wouldnt get it. U know why? Cuz with Android, I have a lil something called CHOICE. I can choose exactly which phone I want.

Can the battery be removed in the iPhone 4G....that was an anticipated "feature" of the new iPhone 4G.....ARE U SERIOUS?!?! LMFAO!!!! Thats like a tv/dvd combo: dvd breaks gotta send in the WHOLE TV. I see alot of EXTERNAL BATTERIES, docking stations thats labeled as "external batteries"..... Want an extended battery for the iPhone that actually goes inside the phone......I bet u do....

My hate of Apple is their high prices for their good, up to date PC's and their OS is tied only to their PC. Anything else of theirs get hated on by default lol

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good luck and hope you enjoy your phone. it is a solid device and I know my bro is trying to get one. I would highly recommend getting it from best buy and getting their protection plan if you can.

altjx

Reaction score
DROID! Iphone is cool if u like a phone that is same out the box as a three year old one. It sucks not being able to make it your own. Love android.!

i agree. actually AT&T has good service in my area. but i'd much rather change themes whenever i want. i've had the iPhone 3G & 3Gs but its just plain and boring. gotta jailbreak the damn thing just to allow something simple. and they just introduced multitasking in OS 4 and its not officially released yet. talking about outdated.

droid is like a stable version of a jailbroken iPhone if u ask me. couldnt deal with the plain UI iPhone has. so garbage. get tired of looking at a screen full of box shaped apps. only thing i like on iphone 4 is the battery :p. but goin from notification panel to searching home screens for numbers on top of apps? naa.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lenny i'm sure this forum and the friendly people gave you lots of help. Why would you start a thread that is only going to cause problems? I'm sure you'll be lurking to see how beautiful froyo then gingerbread is going to be. You jumped ship a tad early IMHO. Have fun and good luck on your service:D I'd close this but our forum likes to let ppl have an opinion (open source) but if it gets ugly i'm sure someone will close it.

Fault

Reaction score

That bad AT&T service isn't just in your area. It's in everyones area.
^^True

Verizon has the best coverage, period. Regardless whether or not they have the best phones, there is really no debating their coverage

V

verian

I think six pages is enough of an open opinion. Seem like he was trying to start trouble. I say to you good day sir.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think six pages is enough of an open opinion. Seem like he was trying to start trouble. I say to you good day sir.
I wholeheartedly agree with you verian.

This thread is :closed_2:

Status
Not open for further replies.