IPhone 4 or keep the thubderbolt???

jerrywesley

Reaction score
Keep the iPhone?
Are you kidding me?

I had a 3Gs with ATT and I can honestly say the Thunderbolt is a real phone first and a great smartphone second. At least that's what matters to me. The iPhone was like a toy with crappy call quality. The Thunderbolt's call quality is about 3X better in my opinion. I have some hearing loss and I really need great clarity during calls.

If you want a toy phone that is a great iPod, then stick with the Iphone. If you want a real phone that sounds like a land line then keep the thunderbolt.

Hope that helps.

Tip,
If you are having trouble with the battery call VZB customer service and let them know it's bothering you...

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would keep the Tbolt, give it some time to grow on you. Also get an extended battery if you are concerned about battery life.

Another thing, if you dont really care about the 4g signal you can turn it off with an app call Phone Info and save your self some more battery life.

Last edited:

oldwarrior

Reaction score
Instead of starting a new thread I figured I'll post on this one since it's some what, the same as my question.

Right now I have an iphone 3g, so 2 gens behind the iphone 4. I do want to drop ATT as I'm tired of the drop calls and junk......

I know the other phones coming out have duo core and all that, but the main reason I wanted the TB is because of skype. I skype a lot with family in other states and I was looking forward to this phone for that more than anything. IPhone 4 has videochat but you have to be on wifi and I'm out and about a lot, so that wouldn't work at all.

Since TB hasn't had that fixed as of yet, (I know there are other options out there but I barely got my grandma knowing how to use skype and really don't want her trying some new video chat thing), is it still worth the risk in getting if they haven't said there will be skype on there or is there another phone coming out soon that will have it? If no phone has it, than is it best to go with TB than over the newer phones hitting in April and May? Thanks.

And no I'm not just getting a new phone for video chat only, but that is part of the reason. And as you can see I have an iphone 3g, so it's not like I'm in a rush to get a new phone, but my mind is leaning towards TB. Thanks again.

slinky

Reaction score
If you want a game playing portable media system, the iPhone is your best bet although the Droid is easily more than adequate. If you want something that is easy to transfer files, use files with apps and utilize for business with very good email, the Blackberry is first, Android is a very close second and the iPhone OS is a very distant solution.

jerrywesley

Reaction score
I would suggest you check https://market.android.com.
It looks like Yahoo Messenger is getting good ratings and does video chat.

You could go into the VZW store and install it then test it out yourself.
Most stores have live phones as you know and they should let you install apps if you ask nicely.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think asking on a droid forum ur going to get a very biased opinion i personally don't like apple much i don't like macs there phones etc the only thing i can put up with is their ipods but i don't even use that anymore since my droid is my music player. I think apple just has a snobby look personally and i think all of their stuff is way over priced for what ur actually getting. I love android because it's open source and i can tweak so much of my phone the iphone is a nice device don't get me wrong i just hate the snobby look that comes with it and thay it's closed source etc but final point is everyone here is going to tell u to stay with the thunderbolt and everyone at an iphone forum will tell u the droid is crap and to get the iphone ur best bet is to play with both devices do some research on them and decide for urself

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jjj751

Reaction score
Ill be honest, I like the sleek profile of the iphone 4. It looks like a real quality phone bc it doesn't have any plastic unlike almost all the other phones of today. I also like the retina display and the ease of use. I mean a technology retarded person can pick up an iphone and within a minute they know how to use it. Everything is very intuitive and easy. That being said I feel like android phones can do a lot more things. Its pretty much open ended. If only they made an android phone that looked as good as an iphone 4 with a 4.3 inch retina display.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Agreed I think apple is amazing at making good looking devices and providing eye candy their great at marketing and beat droid in looks and eye candy hands down the droids I think have a hard look compared to the iphone however I'm about how things work I also agree the android system might be a bit more advanced than iphone and for ur technology retard an iphone is better however I'm no technology retard so droid is hands down better it is capable of so much more than the iphone especially when rooted however rooting takes a little bit of knowledge and something ur average user wouldn't do so I guess for ur average user iphone but for someone who is into technology droid hands down does way more and it's open source which just means soooo much more fun

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
i would keep the thunderbolt. you can customize the phone any way you want and you don't have that option with the iphone. the bigger screen is also great for texting and searching the web or even browsing facebook. another plus? the thunderbolt has an 8mp rear camera and a 1.3 front facing camera. the iphone has a 5mp camera and less than a 1mp front facing camera. the thunderbolt can also be used as a wireless hotspot for 8 devices... iphone only supports 5.

TheTyler0013

Reaction score
Ironically, the iPhone 4 on Verizon can't do voice/data at the same time, while the TB can (on 3G only) - something new to Verizon, but kind of nice.

They're both great devices, but for me, the free voice NAV, ability to tether when need be (without abusing...), and highly integrated voice control keeps me on the Android bandwagon.

I beg to differ about the voice/data on 3G only I do it on 4G...

But back to OP, I came from iPhone to og Droid to this. U can't pay me to go iPhone again. Lol. I like being able to utilize many aspects of my phone.

Sent from a bolt o' thunder!