Thunderbolt or iPhone 4?

UNC

Reaction score
@unc
How can you say that the iphone4 is better than EVERY android out there. I had the iphone for years and switched to android last year. It's a decision I've been very happy with. Being able to do anything I want to customize my phone (without rooting btw) is a huge improvement over only doing what Steve Jobs says I can do. The feature list for android is amazing. Plus the fact that I don't have to pay for every app in the market. They have high quality apps that are free, not like some of the lite garbage on the iphone that are sometimes no more than scaled down demos. I have to strongly but respectfully disagree with you on this one.

Fascinate stuck on 2.1

Because the iPhone has more processing power, better gfx, a better battery, better camera, better screen, and better customer support. Not to mention that every app that is on both is better on iPhone.

tktouch12

Reaction score
ok, so this iphones is "8 months outdated" (i disagree, i still think its the best phone on the market and will be until the iphone 5 or like optimus 2x or something like that..), but, anyway, when will the iphone 5 (or 4gs or whatever, then next one) come out FOR VERIZON? obviously we dont know, but do we have any ideas?

the at&t one will come out in september, but will ours come out next february? or will it come out september so its right along with the at&t version? if thats the case i'm definitely waiting.
are there any rumors/thoughts about this?

P7M8

Reaction score
Question for all the iPhone fans. Why are you on this forum?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

tktouch12

Reaction score

because we have droids, and we told ourselves theyre better, but secretly we all know we want iphones, but couldnt have them since we're on verizon. now verizon has them and we can finally admit theyre better and we want one.

now thats just my story, but i bet there are a few other people who feel the same way

UNC

Reaction score

I had iPhone 3gs, the only reason I have a Droid is because VZW didn't have iPhone, and AT&T didn't have coverage here.

I love my Droid, but the iPhone is superior.

TasteMyDNA

Reaction score
Thunderbolt hands down. Its 4G, more advanced, and open source.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
@unc
How can you say that the iphone4 is better than EVERY android out there. I had the iphone for years and switched to android last year. It's a decision I've been very happy with. Being able to do anything I want to customize my phone (without rooting btw) is a huge improvement over only doing what Steve Jobs says I can do. The feature list for android is amazing. Plus the fact that I don't have to pay for every app in the market. They have high quality apps that are free, not like some of the lite garbage on the iphone that are sometimes no more than scaled down demos. I have to strongly but respectfully disagree with you on this one.

Fascinate stuck on 2.1

Because the iPhone has more processing power, better gfx, a better battery, better camera, better screen, and better customer support. Not to mention that every app that is on both is better on iPhone.

iPhone does not have more processing power, does not have a better camera, and does not have better support, at least in my experience.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score

because we have droids, and we told ourselves theyre better, but secretly we all know we want iphones, but couldnt have them since we're on verizon. now verizon has them and we can finally admit theyre better and we want one.

now thats just my story, but i bet there are a few other people who feel the same way

Wow man,not much else to say...I stood in line this am to get my fiance an "upgrade" and i use that term loosely,since she had a droid incredible,shes had it exactly 14 hrs,and I think its going back to verizon....The iphone does do a few things better,but overall its very dated.You also need to have your pc with you,and use itunes for everything.Even downloading ringtones is a joke....its a very dependent device....I had my D1 for months and never had to plug into my pc....shes "synced" with her pc like 6 times today,its rediculous.We both have ipod touch 4th gens,Im much more impressed with the ipod than the iphone....Also the facetime on an iphone doesnt work without a wifi connection....so its no better than an ipod for facetiming....I can facetime on my ipod touch from the road off my Droid1s tether..no problem......Im not sure what all the hype over an iphone is about....but its very lacking in many areas...

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
Having both an ipod touch and a droid,and using boths applications,I can say without a doubt that the android markets apps are better for me by far...the good apps are free with very little ads.Apple apps are loaded with ads,they pop up between screens,forcing you to click on them to continue,then press skip...very intrusive,and I end up using my droid,I get so frustrated with most apple apps...also where are apple text option apps?Cant find any,and most apps are in chinese,worth little to me.Last yr things were different,now the android market is better ,IMO....

en28so

Reaction score
Iphone is boring. The only thing I like about it is netflix and that's it. The camera is fast too. But not enough to be better than the Thunderbolt.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
T

The Droid Man

Reaction score
Ok quick question,

What is the size of the TB like?

I'm asking how "pocketable" it is compared to either the droid 1 or the iphone.

UNC

Reaction score
@unc

Fascinate stuck on 2.1

iPhone does not have more processing power, does not have a better camera, and does not have better support, at least in my experience.

I'm not going to have to explain native vs VM code again am I?
Sure the clock speed on the iPhone 4 is "only" 1ghz, but it uses that 1ghz much more effectively than android. This is why 2nd gen snapdragons are only equal to iPhone 3gs, even with much better specs.

I can dig around on this forum and find the chart that shows snapdragon vs....