Invalid Credentials signing into Gmail on my Droid RAZR

kmalone529

Reaction score
This morning is the last time my Gmail account worked on my Droid RAZR. Up to this point, it has worked fine and I can sign into my gmail account on my laptop so I know the password is correct, but it says:
Connection error. The following error has prevented a successful connection: Incorrect username or password. Visit settings to correct. [NO Mechanism not available]. When I hit settings and add my password, it says: Attention. Invalid Credentials. Please help.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'd love to see the actual screen during this to help. So have you tried "forgot password" or "don't know my username"?

OP
K

kmalone529

Reaction score
I'd love to see the actual screen during this to help. So have you tried "forgot password" or "don't know my username"?
It doesn't give me that option. It has my email address already given (it is correct and doesn't give me the option on changing it), it asks for my password and I put it in. Then I can also change the Account Name which is given as gmail or I can change Nick name which is listed as my email address again, then I click OK or cancel. Then it says Invalid credentials.

dcordash

Reaction score
Having same issue

It doesn't give me that option. It has my email address already given (it is correct and doesn't give me the option on changing it), it asks for my password and I put it in. Then I can also change the Account Name which is given as gmail or I can change Nick name which is listed as my email address again, then I click OK or cancel. Then it says Invalid credentials.

I'm having the exact same issue on my Razr Maxx. Strangely enough I have a 2nd gmail account that I set up under "email" that works fine.

cohenfsam

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same issue on my Razr Maxx. Strangely enough I have a 2nd gmail account that I set up under "email" that works fine.

Same exact issue but with gmail and yahoo mail using the email app that comes with the phone.

jro

Reaction score
This morning is the last time my Gmail account worked on my Droid RAZR. Up to this point, it has worked fine and I can sign into my gmail account on my laptop so I know the password is correct, but it says:
Connection error. The following error has prevented a successful connection: Incorrect username or password. Visit settings to correct. [NO Mechanism not available]. When I hit settings and add my password, it says: Attention. Invalid Credentials. Please help.

You described perfectly EXACTLY what happened with my phone this morning. Anxiously waiting to see a solution. In the meantime I turned off notifications and updates and am just using the gmail app. The e-mail sync seemed a little buggy (namely sort order).

Maxximize

Reaction score
Same issue with my one week old Razr Maxx...was working fine and suddenly "poof"...very frustrating

2b4juan

Reaction score
juan

You described perfectly EXACTLY what happened with my phone this morning. Anxiously waiting to see a solution. In the meantime I turned off notifications and updates and am just using the gmail app. The e-mail sync seemed a little buggy (namely sort order).

i got the same thing today ....my gmail stopped working? what's with that?

2b4juan

Reaction score
i am getting the same problem with my email today on 6/21/2012. why,it worked yesterday?

Mikepack

Reaction score

Well. I had this same problem a few hours ago, but the way I seemed to fix it was by going to the Play Store (originally to download the gmail app) and it had asked me to log into my gmail account, and I did so an I was spammed with notifications from my mail. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me :happy3:

SethD2005

Reaction score
Same Problem!

I got the phone a few days ago and set everything up just fine. Email worked GREAT! but now for no reason, it stopped connecting. It said there was a connection error and as with the OP, I went to the setting (as it suggested) and re-entered my email information. "invalid credentials" is the error I get. I double and triple checked my info, it is all correct. WTF? anyone know why this is happening and how/when it can be fixed?

joni99005

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with my Droid4. Haven't been able to connect with any of my email accts since 4:30 pm yesterday. Going to Playstore didn't help, and it also won't let me sign on to Gmail, hotmail, aol. Hoping there is a solution

ECFoecking

Reaction score
Same Problem - with Hotmail and Yahoo also

I bought my new RAZR MAXX last night and set up all my email accounts (POP3 account and YAHOO, HOTMAIL and GMAIL accounts) and all worked fine last night. I am not sure how relevant it is to anyone else but I had software pushed to my phone this morning. None of the PUSH accounts work any more.

I cannot retrieve new mail but anything in my INBOX is completely acessible.

MaximusMax

Reaction score
I bought my new RAZR MAXX last night and set up all my email accounts (POP3 account and YAHOO, HOTMAIL and GMAIL accounts) and all worked fine last night. I am not sure how relevant it is to anyone else but I had software pushed to my phone this morning. None of the PUSH accounts work any more.

I cannot retrieve new mail but anything in my INBOX is completely acessible.

Same story here. New phone yesterday afternoon (RazrMaxx Verizon) and everything set up and sync'd up fine. Today, same error messages. AND, it is not just limited to Yahoo, which was the fist one that acted up on me too. Now my hotmail doesn't work either. The passwords are correct, and the email addresses are correct. Like someone earlier said, it will let you re-enter the passwords but the account cannot be deleted or edited. The delete option proceeds and returns an "invalid credentials" attention box warning. Clicking ok takes you back to the password box, which is now empty. Enter your password there and you get the attention box warning "account update failed". Click oki and the box closes and the password is still in the field, try a second time and now you get the "invalid credentials" box here as well. All you can do from this point is "cancel".

Oh yes, and if you pull down your warning message it opens this box.

"Connection error"
"The following error has prevented a successful connection:Incorrect username or password. Visit settings to correct.
[NO Mechanism not available]

Bar630piano

Reaction score
Mine isn't working either.

I have 2 set-up gmail accounts on the phone. Everything was working fine for the last 2 weeks when I got my phone until yesterday afternoon. Now, on both accounts, I cannot get my email. Both say that the credentials failed and put you back to to the "try again" or Settings box - I go to Setting and the PW box is empty - I put my PW in (I know it is correct on both accounts), same thing happens - Credentials failed.

I did this routine on both accounts several times.

Then I decided to delete the accounts and re-enter them, thinking something got messed up in the software, but I can't delete the accounts either - again tells me my credentials failed.

Then I went to the google site to reset my pw - which I did - and I did get an email sent to my phone, but when I tried to get my mail..same thing credentials failed.

Comcast is working fine.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I am super frustrated - I need to stay in touch with my work accounts - this is messing me up!

Thanks!
I hope this helped.