Hotmail invalid credentials even with correct password

silverfang77

Reaction score
I setup my Windows Live Hotmail account on my phone, but it has never synced. When I went in, I found I was logged out. I entered the password, only to get the Invalid Credentials error message. I changed my password on Windows Live on my computer, but my new password is rejected as well. I can't even delete the account without receiving this error. Is there any workaround for this short of doing a factory reset?

Incidentally, it works when I set it up as an ordinary email account (the red stamp with the @ in it).

Thank you.

Last edited:

tdpolo26

Reaction score
I setup my Windows Live Hotmail account on my phone, but it has never synced. When I went in, I found I was logged out. I entered the password, only to get the Invalid Credentials error message. I changed my password on Windows Live on my computer, but my new password is rejected as well. I can't even delete the account without receiving this error. Is there any workaround for this short of doing a factory reset?

Incidentally, it works when I set it up as an ordinary email account (the red stamp with the @ in it).

Thank you.

yeah they are updating there servers and removing all the old certifications if you search over at microsoft answers there are a tons of threads on it. They broke it and they aint going to fix it. the hotmail app is nice

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
Typical MS BS. Is there any way to remove the defunct account from my home short of a factory reset? I'm rooted.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

tdpolo26

Reaction score
Typical MS BS. Is there any way to remove the defunct account from my home short of a factory reset? I'm rooted.

yeah just go to my account long click and remove account. I kinda like the hotmail app and i know have a different status bar icon for all email accounts. I have one work one gmail and one hotmail

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
That's how I've been trying to do it. It won't let me remove the account without a password. I was wondering if there's some super user backdoor I could use to remove the account, like with Root Explorer.

anoopJI

Reaction score
I have been face this problem.My hotmail not working. I am very scared that some hacked my hotmail account.But thanks for technical support team who helped me.

hotmail support [
CALL NOW:
0808-280-6006-uk
toll free]

saaz2

Reaction score
I know this thread is old but I ran into this problem today. To clear account information bring up email in settings, manage apps and hit the clear application data button. I set up new account as generic email.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
My solution was to switch to the Hotmail app, lol.

ashobe

Reaction score
I uses the corporate sync or exchange for hot mail. Server-m.hotmail.com

Sent from my DROID4 using Droid Forums