Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
What does that mean?

I can't even delete the account so I get a msg every few mind saying invalid credentials

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Wopback

Reaction score
I posted the same topic yesterday. It has something to do with your back up assistant. Unless you want to use another app like k9, You may have to do a factory reset. I did...

In my Verizon, if your back up assistant is off, you will not be able to sync with this stock email. You can still use an app though..

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have never turned on backup assistance.

I use gmail no problem.

Password or username incorrect

----posted maxx'ed out----

Wopback

Reaction score
I have never turned on backup assistance.

I use gmail no problem.

Password or username incorrect

Its automatically on.....you have to go into "my account" to turn it off...

Its also related to Verizon customers who receive anonymous text from 6250. BUA is more of an issue then anything else

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its automatically on.....you have to go into "my account" to turn it off...

Its also related to Verizon customers who receive anonymous text from 6250. BUA is more of an issue then anything else

Actually no... during the initial setup of the phone it was an option. I opted out since everything is backed up via google.

Wopback

Reaction score
Actually no... during the initial setup of the phone it was an option. I opted out since everything is backed up via google.

Actually Yes...Its not a phone set up....its from your account on Verizon wireless....anyhow good luck, let us know how it turns out for you....

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yes in the initial setup of the phone you can choose to skip the Backup assistant, but the account is still on your phone and locked from Verizon. But you can disable it all with rooting and Titanium Backup, so technically you are both "right". Either way Backup assistant has nothing to do with Gmail because I use it fine without Backup.

DTurner

Reaction score
Droid 4 & MSN Hotmail

Same issue here. Started about a week and a half ago. Tried to delete the account when it stopped syncing on June 16, 2012. To no avail "invalid credentials". I also tried the bandaid, by adding a generic account. Still no luck. The entire reason we purchased a Droid was to bring hubby into the 21st century and easy access to email so he would actually use it! Taking it back in today. I hope they have an answer. In this day and age, "we know about the problem but don't have a fix yet" is unacceptable when the issue has been going on as long as it is (according to the forums I've read).

1HiFlyer

Reaction score
Hello all,
I had the same problem with my Razr Maxx about a week after ICS upgrade. But I hate doing a factory reset so I restarted the phone in safe mode and found that I was able to delete all the email accounts and recreate them. After I finished all the mail started pouring in. Then I restarted the phone normally. Before this I hadn't noticed that it had been 3 days since any new mail came in because I usually check email on my laptop. Hope this helps.