Email Question

mesii23

Reaction score
One of the few features that I actually miss from my iPhone was the email functionality. I had the one app that handled all of my emails: GMail, Hotmail, Yahoo.

Since coming to the razor, I haven't been able to find one that does them all together. The stock email app wouldn't even add my Yahoo or Hotmail, it just kept saying "Invalid Credentials" I tried K-9 and that turned out to be a bowling shoe ugly experience.

I currently run the stock GMail, plus Yahoo, and Hotmail apps to get my email.

Is there any one program capable of doing all three in a nice, neat package?

Thanks

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
I've used all the apps you mentioned & had no issues adding yahoo & Hotmail.

I quit using the stock app because it wouldn't give notification sounds on Gmail account.

I quit using K-9 & Kaitlin because they wouldn't push yahoo(they would pull emails fine though).

Gmail seemed to function well but just looks to bad, I thought K-9 was better looking but just slightly.

I'm now using maildroid, push & notification sounds work on everything & it the emails look nice like the stock app.

There has been several people reporting issues with yahoo recently on the stock email, my thoughts on that is the default settings, my maildroid probably works because it's default account settings are different.

Also your error message for Hotmail might actually be about it using pop mail settings & and not being able to send emails if you don't have a plus account, it should still be able to receive though. If you need to send with that account & don't want to upgrade account you can set it up as an exchange email.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

OP
M

mesii23

Reaction score
Have now installed and am really liking MailDroid. It has all of the features and gives me a nice all in one email client with a clean combined inbox. Thanks for the suggestion. :hail: :)

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
It also supports split screen & our screens are just big enough for using it in landscape.

I do like how the stock email uses the icons for the accounts & that includes twitterbook & IM in the unified inbox, however it only shows it from messaging but not in mail. Also not sure how I feel about the drop down for accounts, it's nice that you can see emails on default account on opening & if I didn't get many emails in my other accounts I'd probably love it, but that's not the case for me. The one I really miss about the stock app is the swipe to to next/previous email.

I'm pretty happy with Maildroid overall. I don't like how much they want for the paid version, the adds on free version doesn't bother me as my add blocker takes care of that but I would like the extra features it offers. I have come across 1 issue with other apps not filling in the body of emails, but that's due to them setting their side to how K-9 based emails work, the Maildroid device thinks he can do something from his end to get it to work which will be easier than get all of the other apps to fix their end.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner