Insurance

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So a lot of people don't know this but most insurance companies have policies were you can insure equipment. I have State Farm and it's called a Personal Articles Policy. Basically if my phone is stole, dropped in water, broken cause I messed it up rooting or anything else Verizon wont fix it for, insurance will replace it, the only thing these policies don't cover is normal wear and tear. The reason it is far better than Verizon insurance is there is no deductible. you pay once a year and the fees are better than the cell companies offer. I have gotten a camera fixed on this policy already, repairs cost over $300, i paid nothing. Best thing to do is call your insurance company and ask, you might save yourself a lot of money.

Edit: As most insurance works they send you a check, you get the replacement.

Last edited:

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
I will be doing this when i get my next phone since i have state farm already. I just wish i had known about this before i signed up for cruddy asurion.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'd need to contact your insurance company for a quote.

OP
circsmonky

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's interesring. How much is the insurance? Do you pay monthly, quarterly, yearly?
i pay yearly, i just payed $135 for about $7,000 worth of stuff. it goes up a little every year but so does the amount covered.

OP
circsmonky

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
bumping this cause im seeing more people complaining about verizons insurance lately.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I need to look into this. I've posted a few times....With the D1 insurance, I'm paying $8/month PLUS $100 replacement or thereabouts. $96 a year PLUS $100 if I lose or break it. Over a 2-yr contract, that's $300, making my expected loss rate 50% just to break-even. Robbery.

I do need to check as I might already be covered. Sometimes you need a special addendum for a laptop (or a phone).

kechamb

Reaction score
Just a note regarding the Sate Farm insurance. That was recently changed and if you did not already have your cell phone listed you can not add it to the personal articals policy. Makes sense this would happen it really wasn't that cost effective and carriers offer own insurance.

jlutz555

Reaction score
I just reviewed my policy and USAA does not cover cellphones... :(