Insurance? yuwl get a used droid sent 2 u

I have Best Buy's smartphone full insurance that covers the same thing. I can walk into any Best Buy store, file a claim on the spot, and walk out with a brand new Droid from the store. I've had to do this once already and was told I can do it up to three times a year if need be. I didn't pay any deductible since the problem I was having was not my fault. The Best Buy insurance costs more, but it's worth it to me.
Does it cover lost or stolen?

This is absolutely incorrect, I have the same insurance and it does NOT cover lost or stolen.

Correct. And it's also 10 a month, not 15...

I pay $6 a month through verizon. Think about it, $600 phone and if you eff yours up you pay only $90 to get a refueb with a WARRANTY. All insurance plans in life have a deductable unless you opt for a higher payment to have no deductable, this is nothing new. If your car just stolen the insurance doesnt just hand you what you paid for the car, they give you market value ie kelly blue book or similar. Now keep in mind in the private sector your car is worth say $10000 but Kelly BB puts it at $6000, unless you have a seprate rider then you will most likely be paid the $6000. Also to get the payout you will have to pay a deductable of so kind.

To the poster who said that the droid is fragile, how is it fragile???? YOU dropped it in a dark parking lot then stepped on while it was face down, then turned around and kicked it across the lot and stepped on it a second time and all it got was a few scratches?????? YOU were at fault and now you want them to give you a new one? I am guessing that the droid is not THAT frigile.

Listen people, you are carrying a $600 piece of electronic equipment in your pocket! Treat it as such, just imagine if that phone was $600 worth of fresh crisp $20 dollar bills just from the bank! Now I am sure you would make sure that the money was IN your pocket and not on your lap, I am sure you would keep checking to make sure it was there and as soon as you had it you would protect it!

I shattered the screen on my Droid yesterday and didn't have insurance. I took it to the verizon store and they are sending a replacement for $50. I should get it Thursday or Friday. I'll post back if it says refurbished or not.

FedEx guy just dropped off a brand spanking new Droid -- not a refurbished unit.

However, as always, ymmv.

I have Best Buy's smartphone full insurance that covers the same thing. I can walk into any Best Buy store, file a claim on the spot, and walk out with a brand new Droid from the store. I've had to do this once already and was told I can do it up to three times a year if need be. I didn't pay any deductible since the problem I was having was not my fault. The Best Buy insurance costs more, but it's worth it to me.
Does it cover lost or stolen?

This is absolutely incorrect, I have the same insurance and it does NOT cover lost or stolen.

I have the insurance pamphlet sitting right in front of me and it states that it does cover lost or stolen...

Listen people, you are carrying a $600 piece of electronic equipment in your pocket! Treat it as such, just imagine if that phone was $600 worth of fresh crisp $20 dollar bills just from the bank! Now I am sure you would make sure that the money was IN your pocket and not on your lap, I am sure you would keep checking to make sure it was there and as soon as you had it you would protect it!

It's not a $600 piece of electronic equipment. It's a $200 phone. The suggested retail value is just marketing technique that companies pull on us so that we don't mind shelling out $200 for a new gadget every year or so while we feel good about ourselves for saving $400. Manufacturing costs can't be much more than $50 per unit or Moto wouldn't be able to turn a profit.

I never had a problem with refurbished electronics (like scanners, printers, tv, etc.). Even if they are not... it is should still better than the broken one you want it to replace, right? :)

Ok, I work at Best Buy Mobile in NC, we are doing a test for Insurance in our state on Mobile Phones. Before we used to do Geek Squad Black Tie Protection, which is probably the "Insurance" you are talking about. It DOES NOT cover lost or stolen, but will cover: heat, humidity, dust, normal wear and tear, power surges, accidental damage, and water damage (not complete submersion).

Any questions? haha... I don't know the price because we started our Insurance test in August and the Droid came Nov 6, so yeah...

No, it is retailed at $600! Are you a dealer that can get them at cost?? No I dont think so! Dont forget that the first run of any new product has R&D and tooling time factored into the price, then as production becomes more efficent then the price will fall. I will bet these are around $200 a piece cost so Moto is not making that much off the phone, but the real money comes from the accesories!! Look at cars, the base vehicle price is just over invoice so there is nt much profit, but then you at that $2000 Navi system, $60 dollar floormats, The $3000 HEMI option and you can see where the money is made up. It is like this for most large purchase items.

The "big deal" with refurbished is twofold; who refurbed it, and how much testing did they do? If the manufacturer does the refurb then it will usually say factory refurb or manufacturer refurb, then at least you have some assurance that they know the device inside and out, they have the right tools and parts - and most important they are worried about their reputation. If a third party refurbs a phone, they may simply throw a new case on it and do very rudimentary tests. Look at the many folks on these forums who returned their phones which had failed in very specific circumstances and ask yourself whether a third-party tester would catch the problem. Granted, a significant number of returns are going to be for obvious problems that must be fixed (won't turn on, etc), or are for non-problems that are due to either operator error or bad/conflicting apps. I have had trouble with refurbed phones through Asurion, and I suspect they do their own refurbs or subcontract them out to a third-party. Sure, I'd take a phone Refurbed by Moto but I'd still prefer new.

My fiance had a BB the speaker phone went dead.. she had insurance , three days later we received a replacement phone in a plain white box with a bunch of numbers showing the tests it passed.. box said refurbished on it and had sticker on the screen.. the new one we recieved was in worst shape than the one she had cosmetic wise was fine but the speaker was in worst condition. Eventually we went to a local Verizon store and demanded a new one but ended up with another refurbished phone but it was OK.. bottom line if u can get a new Droid right now do it

I recently bricked my phone, played dumb, and got a 'new' one. It was noticbly slower and glitchy. I don't know how it could be used already but something was off with the replacement.

quote of xjman349 Refurbished phones tend to have a less return new plastics and they are tested to make sure they work without problems. If you dont like this policy go to another carrier, OH WAIT THEY ALL DO THE SAME THING. Ascurion is the largest phone insurance company in the US. They cover ATT sprint and Tmobile and your deductible is less on VZW compared to any other US carrier. Look at the positives, instead of all the negatives. Look at the positives, instead of all the negatives. I can appreciate you helping, but yelling isn't necessary! Be nice please not everyone sees things necessary! Be nice please not everyone sees things the same way.

sorry wasn't trying to be mean. My bad

Back