refurbished phone quality?

chimera

Reaction score
I have been to verizon and told them of my phone issues, the phone doesnt always recharge when plugged into certain oulets, the power button doesnt always work, a few others, and have been told that I can replace my phone with a new one using the insurance program, but it will be a refurbished phone.

To anyone who has experience with a refurbished Incredible, how is the quality? is it like new? I had a refurbished Omnia at one point and was not impressed with it, it seem more fragile and prone to breaking than my original one, so I am reluctant to get another refurbished phone. Maybe it was just me looking for faults in it though.

My phone's issues now are irritating, but not terrible, and at least I know where this phone has been. It isnt possible that I would recieve a brand new incredible, or even an incredible 2 is it?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon refurbished phones are terrible...

sent from my ApeX

MS3G35

Reaction score
I have a refurbished one. My first Dinc I bought the day it came out. It was a good phone for about 4 months then it decided to over heat a lot and restart randomly. The techs had no idea why it did this. It also couldn't hold a battery charge to save it's self. So first they issued me a new battery which didn't change anything. Then they gave me a refurbished one. It was a good phone for about half the time I have had it. The second half is a different story. The speaker in it is half blown for some reason. It randomly deletes all my text messages and sometimes my entire contacts list. And the backup assistent thing doesn't record my contacts so I can't get them back.
I've been dealing with these problems for about 6 months now. So i'm definetly ready for a new phone.
Heres to hoping the Bionic comes out soon and is an awesome phone! If not then I'll prob get the D3.

-Chris

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Verizon refurbished phones are terrible...

sent from my ApeX

+1

There is a rumor that insurion is replacing the inc with the inc2. Worth looking into...

Sent from my 2.3.4 Incredible Obsession

OP
C

chimera

Reaction score
How would I look into this? Call Asurion support? I have inquired at Verizon and gotten no where. This sounds interesting, and would be great if true.

drust

Reaction score
i have a referbished d1 IT SUCKS MONKEY (what) cant use ulv kernels, dust getting between the screen layers which makes it impossible to see **** in the sun no matter how bright the screen is set, wifi glitches, etc

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I have a refurbished DINC and mine is fine for the most part. I have a wifi issue right now but the glitches I have don't seem any worse than the all the other glitches I read about in here. As far as appearance goes...couldn't tell the difference between mine and a brand new one.

TheRockSays

Reaction score
I have a refurbished DINC and mine is fine for the most part. I have a wifi issue right now but the glitches I have don't seem any worse than the all the other glitches I read about in here. As far as appearance goes...couldn't tell the difference between mine and a brand new one.

I have a thunderbolt and incredible. No problems with either until I dropped my incredible on the pavement and resulting in a spiderweb cracked screen.

I just got a refurbished incredible yesterday with a $99 deductible and insurance claim (the only reason I didn't buy a new phone is I'm saving my upgrade for the vigor) So far no issues. I'll keep you posted.

However, my co-worker got a incredible 2 two weeks ago with her insurance claim and $50 deductible after experiencing overheating issues and reboots and battery problems with her original incredible.

Not sure why that is, but I'm pissed and dropping my coverage after this experience!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums