Is replacement from Verizon refurbished or new?

Djnardu

Reaction score
I was having a few issues with my Droid X today and took it to Verizon rep who after checking it out ordered me a new one.

It is being replaced under manafacturer warranty, is this new phone "new" or refurbished.

If refurbished should I worry about anything or keep an eye out for something?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Only DOA (first 30 days) are replaced with new phones. The rest are Certified Like New Replacements.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
D

Djnardu

Reaction score
Ok yea been longer then 30 days but hope this Like new is ok.

slagar

Reaction score
I had my droid replaced with a like new model and now instead of only being able run chevy's 800mhz ulv w/ some force closing I can run his 1200 ulv rock solid so you may get lucky!

Sent from my Droid

OP
D

Djnardu

Reaction score
lol how does that work out better CPU? lol

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Being that they are using a DX, kernels won't matter (stupid locked bootloader! Haha!).

I had my droid replaced with a like new model and now instead of only being able run chevy's 800mhz ulv w/ some force closing I can run his 1200 ulv rock solid so you may get lucky!

Sent from my Droid

DroidForums Junkie!!

slagar

Reaction score
Ah yes that's right my bad, but yes, I did get a much better cpu.

Sent from my Droid

Detonation

Reaction score
The Droid X refurbs seem to be ok since they haven't been "cycled" as many times. I can't say the same for the OG Droid and Incredible. I went through 4 Droids and 3 Incredibles which were all bad in one way or another before they gave me a DX.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I just got a replacement D1 and so far it's fine. Only my weatherbug widget isn't working (I can press on it and it brings it up, but it's not on the screen).

E36M3

Reaction score
I got a replacement d1 a fee weeks back and my weatherbug widget is screwed up as well. Very annoying!! Sometimes it won't even show up in the widget menu

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hood

Reaction score
You'll get a refurbished phone. I haven't had any issues with my refurbished but there is always that chance.http://amzn.to/dTGKOZ

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App