Advice on refurbished phone

beagle48

Reaction score
Hi all--

I just got my droid a little over a month ago and have been having nonstop audio problems (not on my end, but when I'm talking to people they stop being able to hear me, it's not clear, etc.).

I went to a Verizon store and since my 30 days was up they had a phone shipped to me. I asked if it would be refurbished and they said it's too new of a phone to have refurbished ones, but I just got it in the mail and it IS refurbished.

I'm not sure what to do because the phone I have is pretty new and I'm not comfortable keeping a refurbished one--especially because other than the audio problems everything works fine, and I'm afraid to risk having problem after problem with the refurbished phone.

Will Verizon let me send the refurbished phone back and keep the phone I already have or should I give the refurbished phone a chance?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I can tell you this...My first droid on launch day, got a bad pixel so they exchanged it. It was so soon that they had to send a new one. That one had a hardware failure(power button stopped working), so on to another. This time I received a refurb and it seems to be better than the factory orig. Maybe because they have to go over it individually?

Reaction score
Refurbished units generally are returns that have new cases and screen surfaces, new batteries, and have been inspected before shipment.

In short, it should be better than a new one. If it is damaged upon arrival, send it back. But if it looks good ignore the refurb label and enjoy your phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

SkullandBones

Reaction score
My wife just received a refurb because of a power issue with her original, it would drain a fully charged battery in around three hours, but interestingly it didn't come with a new battery. Verizon had given her a new battery prior in an attempt to trouble shoot the problem, but I just thought it odd they wouldn't send a new battery - considering her first phone had a power issue. Guess we'll see how the new phone works.