Installed .232 Leak but could not get service

Badger1313

Reaction score
Am I the only one who cannot get the ICS leaks to create or find a new Baseband?

Need suggestions. I have tried to do two leaks using recovery, both loaded fine, but neither found any service. On .232 when I checked "About Phone" The Baseband version showed question marks.

I was on .902, rooted but clean, when I loaded SafeStrap but never used it. I uninstalled it and deleted all the files I could find prior to trying the first recovery. After OTAing .905, I tried the first recovery (.2233 i believe). When the radios failed, I FXZd back to .902, OTAd .905 and reset all my applications. Everything worked perfectly as before.

A week later after scouring various forums, I decided to try .232. Yesterday I followed the instructions, including clearing cache while still in recovery menu. When recovery was complete ICS opened but with no Baseban version and no service. The CPU did show 1.2Gh. WiFi worked but no phone or 3/G/4G services. The system was laggy and some apps froze. I waited for about 40 minutes before trying a reboot. Then tried again. Still nothing. ICS seems very nice but is useless if I cannot use the phone.

Finally, I FXZd back to .902 and when it rebooted with a Baseband (CMDA_N_04.07.00R LTEDC_07.1F.00) and phone 3G/4G operating, I plugged the phone and spare batterys into chargers and went to bed.

At this point I am concerned that there may be residual files that are preventing a good ICS recovery (including a future OTA). I see a recovery folder on my sdcard-ext with "hijack", "Logwrapper" & "update-binary" files along with a recovery.zip. Are thes typical for a recovery folder or could they be residuals from SafeStrap? Can I delete the contents safely?

I am considering doing a full factory reset, but would like advice prior to taking that step. If I leave the sdcard-ext installed when doing a factory reset, will it erase the contents? Should I pull the card a reinstall it after the rest?

I know I can get back "on the path" and OTA .905, but worry about a future ICS OTA. My goal is to install the ,232 leak and insure it works on my phone. At this point, I believe I have followed all the correct procedures, but would appreciate some help. :blink:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It's difficult to give advice when you post this in 3 different places....

Anyway, given the state of your phone, there is no question what I'd do if I was in the same position.

1) Make sure you have the FULL 902 FXZ (one that erases user data and restores to factory default state), RSD Lite 5.7, uninstall motorola drivers, install the motorola driver manager to ensure the very latest drivers are installed.
2) Manually boot the phone into fastboot by turning it off, holding volume up and down and pressing power, volume down to AP Fastboot, and press volume up.
3) Connect to USB and reboot if your computer needed to install any drivers.
4) Load RSD Lite and ensure the phone is detected
5) Browse to the FULL 902 FXZ zip file and select it.
6) Allow it to unzip it and then flash it to your phone. *TOUCH NOTHING* while the FXZ happens until it is fully done.
7) Sign in to the phone, cleanly set up your apps and system data
8) OTA to 905

From that state you can either wait for the OTA or install the 232 leak. The point of this is to take the phone back to factory defaults using FXZ and setting it up clean (no data restores), and then updating to 905.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Badger1313 said:
Am I the only one who cannot get the ICS leaks to create or find a new Baseband?

Need suggestions. I have tried to do two leaks using recovery, both loaded fine, but neither found any service. On .232 when I checked "About Phone" The Baseband version showed question marks.

I was on .902, rooted but clean, when I loaded SafeStrap but never used it. I uninstalled it and deleted all the files I could find prior to trying the first recovery. After OTAing .905, I tried the first recovery (.2233 i believe). When the radios failed, I FXZd back to .902, OTAd .905 and reset all my applications. Everything worked perfectly as before.

A week later after scouring various forums, I decided to try .232. Yesterday I followed the instructions, including clearing cache while still in recovery menu. When recovery was complete ICS opened but with no Baseban version and no service. The CPU did show 1.2Gh. WiFi worked but no phone or 3/G/4G services. The system was laggy and some apps froze. I waited for about 40 minutes before trying a reboot. Then tried again. Still nothing. ICS seems very nice but is useless if I cannot use the phone.

Finally, I FXZd back to .902 and when it rebooted with a Baseband (CMDA_N_04.07.00R LTEDC_07.1F.00) and phone 3G/4G operating, I plugged the phone and spare batterys into chargers and went to bed.

At this point I am concerned that there may be residual files that are preventing a good ICS recovery (including a future OTA). I see a recovery folder on my sdcard-ext with "hijack", "Logwrapper" & "update-binary" files along with a recovery.zip. Are thes typical for a recovery folder or could they be residuals from SafeStrap? Can I delete the contents safely?

I am considering doing a full factory reset, but would like advice prior to taking that step. If I leave the sdcard-ext installed when doing a factory reset, will it erase the contents? Should I pull the card a reinstall it after the rest?

I know I can get back "on the path" and OTA .905, but worry about a future ICS OTA. My goal is to install the ,232 leak and insure it works on my phone. At this point, I believe I have followed all the correct procedures, but would appreciate some help. :blink:
I commented on ur post on my fxz thread to tell u what u need to do an when u fxz it is a full wipe an restore of the phone no residual files are possible it even completely wipes root with not trace of the phone having been rooted an the sdcard-ext is ur external SD card that's where u told safe/bootstrap to save the files it is not part of the system at all an can not affect OTAs

Last edited:
OP
B

Badger1313

Reaction score
Thank you Both for the refresher and your insights. I was looking for help wherever I could find it last night. Thats why I went from thread to thread. And thats why i started a new one today.

Where can I find a copy of the full 902 FXZ. The one I have does not erase user data. Also, will it erase my sdcard-ext? If so, can I pull it and reinstall after the FXZ without issues? If this could be a problem, i will need to back up the card prior to FXZ. Please advise and thanks again.

Edit: Is the 902 FXZ file listed below still the correct version? I got it off the first page of Sargentmajord's thread.

http://www.***********/zip/kQydtP-d/NEWVRZ_XT875_59902XT875Verizon.html

Last edited:

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Badger1313 said:
Thank you for the refresher and your insight. I was looking for help wherever I could find it last night. Thats why I went from thread to thread. And thats why i started a new one today.

Where can I find a copy of the full 902 FXZ. The one I have does not erase user data. Also, will it erase my sdcard-ext? If so, can I pull it and reinstall after the FXZ without issues? If this could be a problem, i will need to back up the card prior to FXZ. Please advise and thanks again.

My fxz that's stickied in the bionic general forums leave ur internal storage intact fxzs do not even touch the external SD card (aka sdcard-ext) an my personal opinion never use an fxz that leaves data intact cuz if u have made certain system modifications that the fxz system.img file can't flash back it will stay intact through the fxz an can cause serious problems just use romtool box or tibu an restore ur app data after u finish updating

Reaction score
Can't Be Rooted in anyway must be Complete Stock.

Must Be Completely Stock No Safestrap or Root Must do a Complete Wipe of Internal which should be Accomplished when you FXZ back to Stock 902. To remove Safestrap follow Instructions in the Following Video.

[video=youtube;6BMaXYkGK0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BMaXYkGK0g[/video]

Once Safestrap is removed follow the Following Steps to Install 6.7.232 Correctly.

[GUIDE] Easiest Step-By-Step Tutorial For Upgrading Your Bionic To ICS - xda-developers

OP
B

Badger1313

Reaction score
Okay, will try again and report back. I plan to FXZ using your 902, OTA 905 and then try recovery of .232.

Life would be boring if everything was easy. :blink:

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
BionicRockinTh3oryRoms said:
Must Be Completely Stock No Safestrap or Root Must do a Complete Wipe of Internal which should be Accomplished when you FXZ back to Stock 902. To remove Safestrap follow Instructions in the Following Video.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BMaXYkGK0g

Once Safestrap is removed follow the Following Steps to Install 6.7.232 Correctly.

[GUIDE] Easiest Step-By-Step Tutorial For Upgrading Your Bionic To ICS - xda-developers
There is one thing about the above comment that is wrong being rooted will never cause an update failure hence voodoo ota root keeper to maintain root during an OTA it is a common misconception its what u do after rooting that causes the failure an wiping internal storage has nothing to do with the system partition the internal storage only holds personal data ie pics, vids ext. The system partition is different that has to be completely stock except rooting an some hacks that the update doesn't look for

Last edited:

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Badger1313 said:
Okay, will try again and report back. I plan to FXZ using your 902, OTA 905 and then try recovery of .232.

Life would be boring if everything was easy. :blink:

I would suggest use the cheese cake app less chance of getting a bad download or having to search for one

Reaction score
Not true it did for me everytime I tried to update to 6.7.2233 until I skipped the Root Process after FXZ'ing to 902 once I was Root Free Everything went Seemlessly. May be true in Most Cases but in This Case it was Absolutely True for Me. :)

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not true it did for me everytime I tried to update to 6.7.2233 until I skipped the Root Process after FXZ'ing to 902 once I was Root Free Everything went Seemlessly. May be true in Most Cases but in This Case it was Absolutely True for Me. :)

Did u fxz prior to the update an then root an apply the update? or did u just keep trying to install it rooted an then fxz an skip the rooting process?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
sargentmajord said:
Did u fxz prior to the update an then root an apply the update? or did u just keep trying to install it rooted an then fxz an skip the rooting process?

Again rooting will never cause an update failure its impossible since root/su is a stock feature on any Linux based system an the update system check validates that its when u modify the system ie hacks,themes ect that wasn't stock feature that's causes failure

Reaction score
I FXZ'd to 902 ran the OTA to 905 then Rooted then Ran 6.7.2233 and it failed Everytime so I FXZ'd Ran OTA to 905 then Ran 6.7.2233 without Root and have been successful on Every Other Leaked Update Since.

Wasn't trying to say you were Wrong was just saying in My Case it Was an Issue.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I FXZ'd to 902 ran the OTA to 905 then Rooted then Ran 6.7.2233 and it failed Everytime so I FXZ'd Ran OTA to 905 then Ran 6.7.2233 without Root and have been successful on Every Other Leaked Update Since.

Wasn't trying to say you were Wrong was just saying in My Case it Was an Issue.

Did u use a nandroid back up or restore anything before ICS leak?