Insane battery life...what's going on?

Reaction score
I have both the extended and standard batteries and I switch between them once in a while depending on how long I will be away from a charger. I have always had pretty good battery life with both batteries. I can easily get through a full day on the standard battery with moderate use. The last few days I have been on the extended battery and the charge has lasted way longer than normal. Right now I am on 54 hours of use and I am only down to 50%. What has happened?? My Bionic is stock on .902. I am not complaining but this is insane! Nothing has changed in my usage or settings. I use mainly wifi while at home and 4g away. I do use a widget to turn off data when I am not using it. The strange thing is I don't get a very good signal at home where I am most of the time; usually only one bar. Has anyone else had a sudden drastic increase in battery life?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
.902 had battery improvements as part if the update. My stock battery is down to 60-70% after a 12 hour day at work, when before .902 I was lucky to be at 40%. I'd say the update worked...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

netezen

Reaction score
I have no problems with my bionic, it's been great from the day I got it.(got it for 1 cent on amazon sale- just makes it that much sweeter) but since the. 902 update battery life has gone down, not to where it is a problem just need to keep a charger handy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I have both the extended and standard batteries and I switch between them once in a while depending on how long I will be away from a charger. I have always had pretty good battery life with both batteries. I can easily get through a full day on the standard battery with moderate use. The last few days I have been on the extended battery and the charge has lasted way longer than normal. Right now I am on 54 hours of use and I am only down to 50%. What has happened?? My Bionic is stock on .902. I am not complaining but this is insane! Nothing has changed in my usage or settings. I use mainly wifi while at home and 4g away. I do use a widget to turn off data when I am not using it. The strange thing is I don't get a very good signal at home where I am most of the time; usually only one bar. Has anyone else had a sudden drastic increase in battery life?

54 hours?! Wow! You have the first ever Bionic Maxx! ;)

Caesars

Reaction score
This happens on my x2 alot actually. I use an external charger (so charges independently of phone). I've noticed different charging patterns can greatly reduce or increase my battery life (with similar usage patterns).

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
54 Hours!! I wish I could get half.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

OP
stingrayracing
Reaction score
And the insanity continues........60 hours off charger with 44% left! This is scary!

bhp117

Reaction score
So do you data off most of the time and use wifi?
How often do you use the phone?

I do get good battery life with extended battery but nowhere near yours. Best I got is 12hrs with some gaming, texting, calls and web with stable lte

But if I use navi only continuous I only 6.5 hrs with screen off, data 3g/lte on and some calls

jspencer67

Reaction score
So do you data off most of the time and use wifi?
How often do you use the phone?

I do get good battery life with extended battery but nowhere near yours. Best I got is 12hrs with some gaming, texting, calls and web with stable lte

But if I use navi only continuous I only 6.5 hrs with screen off, data 3g/lte on and some calls

This is MUCH closer to the life I get with my phone

Yes the battery life has improved with .902...no doubt

When I unplug in the morning my battery widgit say about 20 hours left but with my usage I usually only have about 10% left by bedtime.

I am sorry to say but when I read posts like the original posting I just roll eyes eyes and assume it is one of two things

1) someone looking for attention/stiring the pot
2) someone that NEVER EVER even unlocks his phone during the day and never uses it at all.....no calls....no texts....nothing

I live in a 4G area and I could leave my phone on the desk all day and I wouldnt have the kind of life he is talking about......according to his claims he will get around 6 days on a single charge.....now does anyone REALLY believe that?

OP
stingrayracing
Reaction score
I admit that if anyone else had the same claim I would be doubtful too. Given, I am a light-to-moderate user but I do use my phone throughout the day. I make calls, check my 2 email accounts continuously during the day and night, send texts, surf the net, check the weather, check Facebook, take pictures, listen to Slacker, and watch YouTube. Most of the time I am on wifi but when I am away from home I use 4G. I also turn data off when I don't need it. As I said before, my battery life has been pretty much like everyone else's in the past. This one baffles me though. I got up this morning and my Bionic has been off charger for 69 hours and I still have 34% left. I know it is crazy! I think I am going to let it go until it dies and see how far it will go. After that I am going back to the standard battery to see if the usage is proportionate. We will see.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let's see a screenie boss. I'm having my doubts that you could get even remotely close to this kind of life with the usage you describe. Be sure to include screen time in an additional screenshot.

I get right around 20 hours with my Nexus with 4 hours screen time, light browsing, heavy tapatalk use, almost an hour of calls and plenty of texting, 2 email accounts synching, an hour of streaming and I have the 2100 extended battery. I also use juice defender to shut off data and wifi when it's not in use.

322ae72f-2808-d3e1.jpg

322ae72f-2826-de65.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
stingrayracing
Reaction score
No, I didn't get a screen shot before I finally put my battery on charge a little while ago. I really don't care if no one believes my claim. I only posted my battery life to see if anyone else had gotten similar wild battery usage since the .902 update. There was no intention to brag or deceive. After a day or so I really didn't believe the life I was getting out of a charge but the phone just kept going. It has not happened before and don't know if it will happen again. When I finally put it back on charge it was at 10% charge. My phone said 3 days, 7 hours on battery. My math says 79 hours on the clock. Believe it or not; it did happen.