Information on Update

prowler85

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is complaining about not getting any updates. Honestly, it's easy as he** and takes about 10 minutes to change out the ROM. Maybe an additional 10 to update apps. I've been on a 4.0.3 ROM for at least 3 weeks now. I highly recommend Axiom 2.4. I know it's no longer supported, but it's the smoothest one out there still and gives fantastic performance and battery life. Eventually I will go to CM9 when it is officially released (or at least very close), but for now this one is the best I've found.

If you don't want to root and ROM, then fine, wait it out - but don't complain about it.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
I don't know why everyone is complaining about not getting any updates. Honestly, it's easy as he** and takes about 10 minutes to change out the ROM. Maybe an additional 10 to update apps. I've been on a 4.0.3 ROM for at least 3 weeks now. I highly recommend Axiom 2.4. I know it's no longer supported, but it's the smoothest one out there still and gives fantastic performance and battery life. Eventually I will go to CM9 when it is officially released (or at least very close), but for now this one is the best I've found.

If you don't want to root and ROM, then fine, wait it out - but don't complain about it.

Not everyone chooses to root. I tried. Didn't like it so I'm back on stock. Will I ever go back? Who knows.

Does that mean I can't complain that this update hasn't hit stock yet? I disagree.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
Not everyone chooses to root. I tried. Didn't like it so I'm back on stock. Will I ever go back? Who knows.

Does that mean I can't complain that this update hasn't hit stock yet? I disagree.

You tried to root it? And didn't like it? Why not? if you don't mind me asking...

bsmith0731

Reaction score
You tried to root it? And didn't like it? Why not? if you don't mind me asking...

Well.. I guess saying i didn't like it was wrong.

I enjoyed it. But maybe something I did made it unstable. The reboots started happening and I just didn't like that feeling.

This ways my first time rooting so I was asking a whole lot of! Questions

I just felt uneasy like I was going to brick something.

Reaction score
Well.. I guess saying i didn't like it was wrong.

I enjoyed it. But maybe something I did made it unstable. The reboots started happening and I just didn't like that feeling.

This ways my first time rooting so I was asking a whole lot of! Questions

I just felt uneasy like I was going to brick something.

yeah i know what you mean..and you might have just installed an unstable ROM that might not have gotten all its bugs fixed..but you can still root and stay on your stock ROM..and you could still use a few good apps that you can only use if rooted..you can also undervolt your phone for better battery life as well..i just got NEXUS and havent rooted it yet cuz i just wanna see that nothing goes wrong with the phone..other than that i dont see why anybody would wanna have an Android phone and not root it..even my girlfriend who is not so much into phones like i am will not use an Android phone unless its rooted..its not like how it use to be..

bsmith0731

Reaction score
yeah i know what you mean..and you might have just installed an unstable ROM that might not have gotten all its bugs fixed..but you can still root and stay on your stock ROM..and you could still use a few good apps that you can only use if rooted..you can also undervolt your phone for better battery life as well..i just got NEXUS and havent rooted it yet cuz i just wanna see that nothing goes wrong with the phone..other than that i dont see why anybody would wanna have an Android phone and not root it..even my girlfriend who is not so much into phones like i am will not use an Android phone unless its rooted..its not like how it use to be..

Good point. Which stock roms would you recommend?

Never looked at it that way. To get those root only apps

Reaction score
Good point. Which stock roms would you recommend?

Never looked at it that way. To get those root only apps

The stock ROM that your Nexus came with..cuz if you root and flash a custom ROM your NOT on stock..and I haven't rooted yet so Idk which ROM to recommend..just try and root and flash diff ROMS till you find one that's stable enough with features you like..

bsmith0731

Reaction score
The stock ROM that your Nexus came with..cuz if you root and flash a custom ROM your NOT on stock..and I haven't rooted yet so Idk which ROM to recommend..just try and root and flash diff ROMS till you find one that's stable enough with features you like..

So you unlock the bootloader then do nothing after that?

Reaction score

Reaction score
So you unlock the bootloader then do nothing after that?

I plan on using Wugs Galaxy Nexus root kit..it looks pretty easy to use...