incredible or wait for droid2? keyboard

danip511

Reaction score
I just got the incredible and i like it but I am really missing a physical keyboard. I tried my friend's iphone and the virtual keyboard feels different, easier better than the incredible. I think if the incredible's keyboard felt more like that it would be easier for me to get used to.
I know the droid is really heavy so i'm not sure if i should return my incredible and just wait for the droid 2
anyone having same thoughts
getting used to a virtual keyboard is hard; especially having to input everything in my calendar in portrait, not fun

MercKing

Reaction score
Try a different keyboard. Youtube how to get the droid x keyboard. Swiftkey is another. SLideit. All kinds of different keyboards out there

iheartu

Reaction score
I love my droid x more than my older droid. I think if you need a physical keyboard then do that but all around the incredible is a nicer phone. Better camera and all.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
After using a DI for a while and now an X, I'll never have another keyboard device.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
After using a DI for a while and now an X, I'll never have another keyboard device.

Yeah, I played with a family member's x yesterday, and that was just easy (and huge :p). I see no need for a real keyboard...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
D

danip511

Reaction score
thanx for the replies.
I don't understand why i'm the only loser who can't get used to a virtual keyboard. Like i see everyone with iphones or storms, and now i have like the best phone around and i want to return it. the thing is i want to make the keyboard, i don't know the word but have a tighter feel to it like the iphone's keyboard.
And is there an ap to turn the calendar keyboard to landscape cz that would make all the difference. portrait is impossible for me

easyrun99

Reaction score
Well, the Storm is a bit different with its SureType...pretty darn intuitive and very usable.

I do agree that after using an iPhone for 18 months, I've had a hard time with other virtual keyboards...for all their faults Apple makes a fine virtual keyboard.

Droid X's keyboard is good, but it still has some quirks...won't automatically capitalize "I"???

SLOflatlander

Reaction score
you can also download better keyboard, it has a bunch of different skins including the iphones, has multitouch, and has pretty decent customizablility

OP
D

danip511

Reaction score
I tried a few different keyboards; right now i think i am using either better keyboard or smart keyboard (my phone just shut off due to no battery so i can't check--5pm!)
i tried the iphone setting for one of those keyboards and it looks like the iphone's keyboard but still not as easy to type on. Inputing stuff in portrait is impossible for me
I'm going to return the incredible :( i really love it but i just need a physical keyboard unfortunately
hopefully the droid 2 will come out soon and i can get that

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I tried a few different keyboards; right now i think i am using either better keyboard or smart keyboard (my phone just shut off due to no battery so i can't check--5pm!)
i tried the iphone setting for one of those keyboards and it looks like the iphone's keyboard but still not as easy to type on. Inputing stuff in portrait is impossible for me
I'm going to return the incredible :( i really love it but i just need a physical keyboard unfortunately
hopefully the droid 2 will come out soon and i can get that

I might be posting this too late but... If you want to give it another chance. I got the Ultra Keyboard and it did the trick for me. I also tried this WiFi keyboard, it did work great but the downfall I guess would be if you are at your computer you could just input the info in your calendar and sync it vs using the WiFi keyboard...

glenn

Reaction score
thanx for the replies.
I don't understand why i'm the only loser who can't get used to a virtual keyboard. Like i see everyone with iphones or storms, and now i have like the best phone around and i want to return it. the thing is i want to make the keyboard, i don't know the word but have a tighter feel to it like the iphone's keyboard.
And is there an ap to turn the calendar keyboard to landscape cz that would make all the difference. portrait is impossible for me

I feel the same way. You are not alone. I just can't get used to the virtual keyboard. And it's next to impossible to text on virtual in a moving vehicle (passenger of course) but with the qwerty keyboard it's flawless, no mistakes. I have the Droid 1 and will only consider the Droid 2 if I ever need to replace.

Smokie

Reaction score
better keyboard with the iphone skin is exactly like the keyboard on my iphone. I have both the original droid and a 2g iphone. love my droid. use the iphone to watch movies at work.

OP
D

danip511

Reaction score
the droid 2 is supposed to come out the third or fourth week of august. i think i will end up going back to my lame htc ozone for a few weeks till then. btw the ozone SUX, getting online with that phone is terrible and don't ask me how it has good reviews on the verizon website, waste of 30dollars/month that phone is

i will try ultra keyboard; that is one i haven't tried yet. i use better keyboard right now; i am getting better but when it comes to writing an email that needs to look nice with capitals and punctuation it's an ordeal