Incredible 2 is... Incredible! Can't figure out one thing though...

SoftwareDrone

Reaction score
This is my first smart phone. My first question is, how did I ever get along without one??!! :-D

On my main screen, I have an icon that looks like a little rolodex card that is labelled "People". When I click on this, I get a list of all my contacts. What would really be handy is if I could create a group (i.e. "friends"), add some people to that group, then have another icon on the main screen (just like the "people" icon) that says "Friends", so I could click on that and not have to scroll through hundreds of entries to find my friends' number.

Any help from the gurus would be appreciated.
:)
Mike

Erikpdx

Reaction score
Mike, check out "go contacts" in the market. Go sms, too.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
S

SoftwareDrone

Reaction score
You should have an app in your app list called "market". has all the available apps for Droid.

Oh, *that* market. :)
There was already an icon labelled "favorites" on one of my main pages, so I'm thinking that I do not have to download a special app for this functionality. Unfortunately, I accidently deleted this icon and I cannot figure out how to get it back. Learning how to create the icon would be the ultimate solution.
Thank you everyone for your help!

nikecar

Reaction score
you can do two things.

1) go to the Personalize menu. Select Widget. Go to Browse HTC widgets. Then look for the People widgets. You can select them to ge whatever group you want.

2) Download Folder Organizer. Click the Labels icon, and create an icon for whatever title you want (Friend, Family, mistresses). Once you do that, go back to FO's main page and select Contacts. You will see the list of your contacts. Click the arrow on the right and click Labels. Select the Label you just created. Repeat for all your contacts. One you are done, go to an empty space on your homepage and hold it until the personalize menu comes up. Seelct the Shortcut link. Then click the Folder Organizer Folder link shortcut. Scroll down to your new label you had done before. and Viola!!! its there. Click the icon, click the person, then you can either call, view their details or message or whatever else settigns you have.

I like the #2 option. Works for me, and you can create folders based on the labels you set for anything.

OP
S

SoftwareDrone

Reaction score
you can do two things.

1) go to the Personalize menu. Select Widget. Go to Browse HTC widgets. Then look for the People widgets. You can select them to ge whatever group you want.

2) Download Folder Organizer. Click the Labels icon, and create an icon for whatever title you want (Friend, Family, mistresses). Once you do that, go back to FO's main page and select Contacts. You will see the list of your contacts. Click the arrow on the right and click Labels. Select the Label you just created. Repeat for all your contacts. One you are done, go to an empty space on your homepage and hold it until the personalize menu comes up. Seelct the Shortcut link. Then click the Folder Organizer Folder link shortcut. Scroll down to your new label you had done before. and Viola!!! its there. Click the icon, click the person, then you can either call, view their details or message or whatever else settigns you have.

I like the #2 option. Works for me, and you can create folders based on the labels you set for anything.

Fantastic! I'll try option 2 because option 1 takes up an entire page.
Thanks!

OP
S

SoftwareDrone

Reaction score
So, would I be pushing it if I asked if there was a way to disable the volume control rocker on the left hand side of the phone so I don't keep accidently bumping it??
:)

nikecar

Reaction score
I will also add. With folder organizer, when you download an app, it will ask you what label to put it with right in the notification bar.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

OP
S

SoftwareDrone

Reaction score
I will also add. With folder organizer, when you download an app, it will ask you what label to put it with right in the notification bar.
Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

The folder organizer is really cool, and does exactly what I needed it to do - thanks!dancedroid

nikecar

Reaction score
Your welcome. I enjoy that app alot. Inc ase you didn't realize, you can also change the icons to various things. I personally like the content view, where you get the border and itty bitty icons of your apps inside the border. I also made a news one with a better newspaper icon, but there are several.

You can also use pictures from your gallery as an icon.

Best app I ever paid for (Free Amazon App of the Day). This was the one I was most upset when I thought I'd have to purchase when I reset my phone. (didn't have to pay!!)