Purchasing Droid Incredible 2 next week -- a few questions?

Reaction score
After much internet research, I have finally decided to upgrade my insanely crappy LG EnV3 to the HTC Droid Incredible 2 when my contract is up next week. I'm super excited! I won't lie - I was torn between the iPhone 4 (*ducks to avoid flying objects*) and the Incredible 2, but I2 just seemed to be much more customizable, have quicker web, and have a larger keypad. Also, is it just me, or is the iPhone starting to look dated? Not just the physical phone itself, but the screens and such.

HOWEVER ...
Is there anything that seems to be a recurring problem with this phone? Is there anything that I should anticipate? In reading reviews, I'm coming across the following:

• Battery life not as good, especially when multi-tasking.
  • A relatively larger phone.
  • Glare on main screen bad.
Anything you can prep me for would be much appreciated ... as well as any praises you can sing of the Incredible 2 to reaffirm my choice! Thanks!dancedroid

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
There is a thread on here about the Inc2 battery. All posters have said its been excellent running in some cases in excess of 24 hours.

The screen has also received excellent reviews. There is s pretty in depth review of the phone on phandroid. They have an app to read daily news. Look it up there. Probably going to be my next phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Last edited:
Reaction score
After much internet research, I have finally decided to upgrade my insanely crappy LG EnV3 to the HTC Droid Incredible 2 when my contract is up next week. I'm super excited! I won't lie - I was torn between the iPhone 4 (*ducks to avoid flying objects*) and the Incredible 2, but I2 just seemed to be much more customizable, have quicker web, and have a larger keypad. Also, is it just me, or is the iPhone starting to look dated? Not just the physical phone itself, but the screens and such.

HOWEVER ...
Is there anything that seems to be a recurring problem with this phone? Is there anything that I should anticipate? In reading reviews, I'm coming across the following:

Anything you can prep me for would be much appreciated ... as well as any praises you can sing of the Incredible 2 to reaffirm my choice! Thanks!dancedroid

Battery life is better than the original dinc, but its pretty good for a smartphone. The phone is not that big, it feels really good in your hand. The screen is amazing. All around excellent phone.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I have found nothing yet that I consider an issue. As far as the battery, I've never had close to this battery performance even as a faithful Juice Defender user. Needless to say, I don't use JD any longer.

Try it out, you can always return it within 14 days. You will know long before that whether it's the right one for you or not.

Reaction score

• As with all big screened phones, my suggestion is to dump the brightness down to 20-30%. Second to Rooting/De-Bloating the phone, this is the best battery saver. (Also, you don't have to worry about the 4G LTE battery hog connection.)
  • Larger in dimensions, but HTC does a great job making them feel small and thin in your hand. I have no doubt this phone will be a continuation of their great designs.
  • There are plenty of screen protectors that will also act as a glare reductor/eliminator. I have a Zagg on my Thunderbolt and love it. There are others out there that actually protect the screen and give it a 'matte' finish that eliminates glare if you are that unhappy with it.
I just bought my wife a DInc2, so I can let you know first hand how it does. Once full Root is available, I will be rooting hers, debloating, and setting a screen-off CPU setting to conserve battery.

OP
C
Reaction score
I keep reading all this stuff about rooting -- and since I am new to smartphones and androids, I have no idea what it means. Can someone elaborate more on the process and how to do it?

Reaction score
I keep reading all this stuff about rooting -- and since I am new to smartphones and androids, I have no idea what it means. Can someone elaborate more on the process and how to do it?

Quick explaination on Rooting: It gives you "administrative" access to your phone so that you can change/delete/move System files (including the Apps that come with phones and can suck the life from your battery). Rooting also allows you to install custom ROMs that Developers write, so you can get newer Operating Systems, change the look and feel of your phone, etc. Finally, Rooting your phone allows full backups of all your applications and data on your phone using programs like MyBackup Pro or Titanium Backup. (Not only will it backup your programs and the data within the programs, but it will restore your Market links.)

As far as how to Root, it all depends on the phone. In most cases, there is the manual way (Using ADB and a set of commands and file pushes), as well as a GUI or "Easy Click" root method, where you just have to download the Software, and either with one or a few Clicks on your computer screen, your phone is Rooted for you.

Also, keep in mind that some Android phones (Mostly select Motorolas at this point, I believe) have locked Bootloaders, so though you can change programs and things, the ROM customizations are limited as they have to be made from "official" releases.

jellybean420

Reaction score
Battery life is great. Moderate use I got 24 hours minimum out of it without charging. As far as screen glare I don't have that issue. Maybe its the screen protectors. The screen itself looks so rich and colorful best screen I've used in my last 4 phones. Basically there are zero issues with this phone and I can see it being another top seller like the incredible 1. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Sent from my ADR6350

TVJ

Reaction score
Battery life is great. Moderate use I got 24 hours minimum out of it without charging. As far as screen glare I don't have that issue. Maybe its the screen protectors. The screen itself looks so rich and colorful best screen I've used in my last 4 phones. Basically there are zero issues with this phone and I can see it being another top seller like the incredible 1. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Sent from my ADR6350
Does the Incredible 2 use the same battery as the original Incredible? I'm wondering if the 3500mH battery offered for the Incredible will fit in the
Incredible 2.

ashtreyhead

Reaction score
I am new to smart phones, but I absolutely love my inc2. The screen display is vibrant with rich colors. Granted its not my dual 27 inch monitors, but I can live with this display. I have never "rooted" a phone before, but will be doing it as soon as I find some detailed instructions. Got to get rid of all the bloat. I haven't had much luck with battery life. I have been using the phone pretty heavily though. I made a few adjustments and hope it helps.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

joemustang

Reaction score
I have absolutely NO complaints about this phone. Battery life is excellent! Everyday I go to bed with 20%-50% of battery left over. If you find yourself not being able to go at least a day with this phone then you must be using the phone literally 24 hours a day.

The screen is beautiful, compatible to iPhone in my opinion. One of the reasons I wanted this phone was because of the beautiful screen.

And yes, you don't have to be rooted to see Android is much more customizable than Apple.

You will love this phone. I know I do. I upgraded from a D1 and couldn't be happier

joemustang

Reaction score
Well I guess only complaint would be screen glare in direct sunlight. I do have a screen protector though, I don't know if that makes a different though

aorr

Reaction score
I got my Inc2 last Friday, and I have no signal at the house. My roommate who has a standard phone with verizeon has 4 bars. I've been scouring the web to see if there's a problem with the line of phones or if perhaps it's my personal phone with a defect. I've not found anything yet, but I may take advantage to exchange the phone for another Inc2 just in case.

As far as the batter, I have yet to get 24 h out of it.

M

Mwsr

Does the phone have a notification light?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

aorr

Reaction score
If you mean the light that flashes to show you there's a new message yes. It has now started jumping from 0 to 4 bars and back to 0. I do get a 3G signal, which seems odd since I don't have any bars.