In the market for a new phone

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gonna sell my RazR HD and give the money to my GF to replace her broken RazR HD. She doesn't like Moto phones or else I would just give her this one.

That said, will be paying full retail as I am not up for an upgrade. The top choices are the HTC One, Galaxy S4 and the new LG G2.

LG seems to have the fastest processor, but I would love to hear from owners of the above devices. No arguing, debating or flaming over "your team" phone... Just want open and honest feedback on what the best Verizon LTE phone is at this time.

A clear upgrade path for Kit-Kat is a MUST. If not, then a phone that is easily rooted and ROM'd is a must. The issue I had with the RazR HD was that by the time they unlocked it, most of the Devs had moved on to other phones and it just never seemed to get the love it deserved.

Thoughts?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To be honest all of them are great devices. Samsung Galaxy s4 can be rooted and rom'ed last I checked, HTC One not sure if they found away around the bootloader since the recent ota, and not sure about the LG G2. As far as otas HTC and Samsung has a good track record thus far while I am not sure about LG.

Now that is out the way all of them are good devices I would say it depends what you want in a phone. HTC one is by far the nicest looking and the speakers in the front are awesome, plus it is buttery smooth. But the htc one do not have a removable battery or the ability to use a memory card so you are going to have to be cautious of storage space. You will probably have to depend on cloud services more with the htc one vs the s4 or G2. The s4 is loaded with features probably the most feature rich phone on the market and with a removable battery and sd card slot you can pop in either a 32 gb sd card or 64 gb sd card and feel comfortable knowing you will be able to handle pics, music, movies, or files. One area I did not like about the s4 is that with a 16 gb device almost half of it is gone the moment you turn it on because the features and bloat just takes up so much space. With that said the s4 is a solid device. People who have bought it, including my brother using android for the first time vs iPhones every year, they love the s4. It feels solid in the hand and the screen is large enough to enjoy movie, videos, and enjoying the overall experience with out being note 2 big. The G2 is the new kid on the block and I personally do not have experience with the device but HughJass wrote a mini review about it.

I highly recommend you go into the store and just play around with it now knowing what you know and pick the device that will better fit you both business and leisurely. If you buy a device that provides your needs you will not feel the need to rush into an upgrade a year later. I personally love my note2 and though the n3 is nice I have no desire to upgrade to it because my n2 has done everything I needed it to do.

Good luck.

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the rooting is less of an issue, that is more to prolong the life of the phone when the manufacturer and carrier stops supporting it 6 months after you buy it... haha

Each phone has benefits... The LG is the most powerful with the largest screen... The HTC has better sound and nicer build quality... The Samsung is kind of in the middle and probably has the best support...

I am leaning towards the LG for the superior screen and amazing battery life... I think that my GF is leaning towards the HTC One... Tough call for me though between the S4 and the G2!