Which phone to get?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a Note 4, and it is a great phone, but I have always liked the Nexus idea, easier to tinker with, etc... But I see the LG G4 coming out soon and that phone looks killer too...

I have a family member whose aging LG G2 is really acting up and she doesn't have the money for a new phone right now. So I can use my upgrade and get something for me, and give her my Note 4. If I am gonna pay for an upgrade anyway, *I* want to be the one with the new toy. haha

Thoughts? I know that the Note 4 is still near the top of the heap, but if I gotta shell out $200 anyway, what ones would be worth considering?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I like the value of the LG G4... it's solid phone and you get a battery and charger with it.. I preorder the LG G4 from BestBuy as they offered 100 gift card as well.. I decided not to go through with order only bc I like the freedom of Nexus and don't feel like waiting on unlocks.. BUT I'd highly recommend to many peeps as it's removable battery.. SD card and UI tweaks are perfect.. and IMO a great choice..

BTW if you do get it I ordered a case for it.. I'd throw it your way too for a bonus

Tapped by NexusSix

Reactions: cr6
OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you went with the Nexus? Any regrets?

It seems very similar in size, specs and performance to my Note 4, but no carrier crap and better update path, and no messing with lack of root and locked bootloaders, etc...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yeah I love my Nexus 6... no regrets... and camera is not given enough credit IMO It's solid... tinker away and run preview builds... Development is always top notch...

Tapped by NexusSix

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Reading all the reviews, and it looks solid.

I think that I will take the LG out of the running, and the only other phone I am really considering is the Droid Turbo. Reason is that it has similar specs, but fits the hand slightly better and it has absolutely sick battery life.

And from what I hear, Moto uses a mostly stock Google experience and is getting updates out faster than the other phones, apart from the Nexus?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
good choice phone... Plenty happy peeps here with it.. I'm not on Verizon so that's out.. Moto new phones around the corner too... going to be more choices...

Tapped by NexusSix

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
good choice phone... Plenty happy peeps here with it.. I'm not on Verizon so that's out.. Moto new phones around the corner too... going to be more choices...

Tapped by NexusSix

Yeah, the Turbo is half the price, much longer battery life, runs almost pure google anyway, and is water repellent. I think I may go with that.

Neither has SD slot, so no edge there...