IMPORTANT in regards to wireless tethering

ke0kie

Reaction score
I'm posting this reply from my laptop, using wifi tether app and my Thunderbolt. I've never had a single problem with wifi tether and the TB. I would certainly consider the bionic in the future, but if and only if there isn't layers of BS. Well, that and I'd like to stay with a kickstand phone.

idefiler6

Reaction score
Link to site showing how to do free Wi-Fi tether, and i can say perfectly that it works! Your welcome :)
[GUIDE] How to Get Free Wifi Tether on Droid Bionic! - xda-developers

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

By following this guide XDA and Droidforums and all users associated with the threads are free from blame should you get caught and put on a limited data plan. Better to use a different option like USB until a custom ROM is released that can keep you hidden.

Bfirebird101

Reaction score
Yeah, I should have put that in my info, my apologies, but it does explain on the forum itself to do this on your own risk. There's a way to use RadioComm to block verizon tracking, and so far everybody who does it successfully feels like it works (says how to do it on youtube and xda forums). But it's still working perfectly for me! I have not gotten caught. But until a custom tom is released, i wouldnt tether for torrents, etc, only for when you absolutely need it

GohanBurner

Reaction score
What about people who use wireless tether to connect there ONE device, laptop, while the phone sits on the home dock charging? Can't charge as fast with usb. Not everyone nerds or uses wireless tether to connect an ungodly amount of devices.

GohanBurner

Reaction score
Also, an I wrong to say that Verizon is only going to grow? If the network for some reason hypothetically gets clogged by traffic...if you were the CEO wouldn't you use this opportunity to expand the network instead of punishing your paying customers? *cough*Apple*cough*.

Impact9

Reaction score
PDAnet works fine for me. USB not wireless.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Last edited:

Seawolf

Reaction score
There is no difference between me using wifi or the USB method as I am connecting one laptop and nobody elses. The thing that annoys me is I am already paying for a data plan so what does it matter if I use the phone or my laptop to view that data?

Like the Government VZW just wants to get paid twice for a service you already paid for the first time. I've rooted my phone and have been using mobile hotspot without issue for a week now and will continue to do so.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's like the constant copy protection battle here... we figure out how to get around their attempts to stop us, they find ANOTHER way to stop us... WE find ANOTHER!!!! loophole... it's frakking ridiculous, I'd just go back to unlimited data and charge like 10 for unlimited tethering.... that would certainly stop all of the "illegal" tethering. I'd even be willing to pay for it.

You can do almost as much on these phones, if not as much, as you can on most PCs now... so the point of using more traffic on a laptop is pretty moot. kinda funny to watch though.

Edit: I don't go to the field anymore, so the only thing I tether is my wifi xoom over BT and... with the bionic now I don't even have to do that.

Anathema

Reaction score
It's like the constant copy protection battle here... we figure out how to get around their attempts to stop us, they find ANOTHER way to stop us... WE find ANOTHER!!!! loophole... it's frakking ridiculous, I'd just go back to unlimited data and charge like 10 for unlimited tethering.... that would certainly stop all of the "illegal" tethering. I'd even be willing to pay for it.

You can do almost as much on these phones, if not as much, as you can on most PCs now... so the point of using more traffic on a laptop is pretty moot. kinda funny to watch though.

Edit: I don't go to the field anymore, so the only thing I tether is my wifi xoom over BT and... with the bionic now I don't even have to do that.

Your computer uses far more bandwidth than a phone.

Either way, I'm not going to stop tethering, I will tether how many devices I want to. Just like I do with my computer, just like I do with my tablet. My phone service "provider" is the only one that wants to charge me by usage and number of devices. I won't stop. If they want to charge me, fine, I will see them in court. Not just that, but I will bring any device I can get my hands on and tether in the courtroom, wirelessly.

Unlimited = Unlimited.

I don't, in any arena, support and will never support, the monopoly on data transfer and my right to information.

Last edited: