I'm getting fed up..

MikeMasso

Reaction score
I've had the bionic since the release date, and I was very excited to get it, but all I've had was problems. Update after update, the problems seem to not get wholly fixed, and some others seem to appear. I now have the 902 system, and I've been experiencing more data drops, random black screens, wifi connectivity issues, and very slow LTE speeds. My friend has the nexus and he gets much better service than I do. I just feel like Moto is trying to lose customers, because they're about to lose one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
MikeMasso

MikeMasso

Reaction score
I also called VZW and they made me do ANOTHER device reset. This is also my 4th Bionic because of software issues.

JRParsons

Reaction score
Since you're on your 4th Bionic, I think if you insist on a different devices Verizon may give it to you.
I wouldn't expect a Gnex, but maybe.
I had a Thunderbolt swapped for a Bionic, 2 days later had the Bionic swapped for a Stratosphere.
Ended up buying my wife an iphone and using her Thunderbolt.
The Bionic couldn't hold a data signal and the Stratosphere was just too underpowered. They both made me miss my Thunderbolt.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
i had my bionic since day 1 never had a issue i had a couple of black screens but other than that its been a solid phone do u keep ur phone in performance mode?

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
I also called VZW and they made me do ANOTHER device reset. This is also my 4th Bionic because of software issues.

Did you have better service on some of the ROMS you listed in your sig? I'm assuming you have wiped data and performed all the steps to cleanly install the update, just as if you were installing a new ROM. Just because .902 hit the street doesn't mean you have to use it, if one of your ROMS operated better for you, why not use that?

bbucks36

Reaction score
From day 1 of owning my bionic only issue i had was the constant switch from 4g to 3g. Living in Orlando,fl 4g is pretty much everywhere. Since all these updates .902 is very stable. Had 1 drop in connection but only lasted a few seconds. Been a little over a week since .902. Im rooted with no roms or other tweaks. So if you want to sell your bionic ill buy it. Then again your not a Icrap trolling are u?

HorsePony

Reaction score
Please don't read this as confrontational...just another POV...but I don't understand how someone will root a phone, throw all different kinds of ROMs on there, and then complain about the phone.

I came from a D1, rooted the hell out of it and enjoyed it. When I upgraded to my Bionic, I liked the UX enough to keep stock on it until I felt the need to root...or just got bored with it. Hasn't happened yet, still stock...and I am one of those with 0-complaints about the phone overall and I have never had to return/exchange for another one. I really, REALLY love this phone. Very excited about it even today and not wavering when I see phones like the RAZR come out right after it.

I can see that there may be a defective phone that will need to be exchanged every once in a while. It happens. Factory dud. However, if one person is HAVING to exchange a Bionic 3, 4, 5x...then that seems more than just bad coincidence. It seems like you're putting too much in the punch bowl when it may have tasted just fine. I agree...it would SUCK if I had a phone and needed to exchange it 4 or 5 times, but I think that if that was the case and it was the PHONE'S fault, then the problem would be much, much more widespread...to even those who don't root.

I support rooting. Loved it on my D1.
But I think that if you go in, tamper with the device to root, throw in someone else's code/OS into the device, there are GOING to be hiccups...and I don't know that I, in good conscious, blame the device itself for the multitude of exchanges that IT'S not necessarily making you go through...but you yourself are making you go through.

Again, this is non-confrontational...it's just that it seemed the blame was aimed at the wrong recipient.
I think we all know Moto isn't "trying to lose customers." They released a product...but you're complaining not of the product they gave you, but the product you turned it into......no?

- HP

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I doubt he's trolling. But I am kind of sick of the whining. Not because I don't believe the phone has issues, because it does. But because so many people trash on the Bionic that once someone reads it, every little issue suddenly becomes a travesty.

My advice is this: get the Nexus because I assure you, it is 100% bug free, and you will NEVER be frustrated with it. I've also heard it can read minds. Oh, and once you get it, hope that none of your friends have a Razr Maxx or else your nexus well see it and it'll start to suck.

Al Neri

Reaction score
I read about all these people having trouble with their Bionic and I think I must be lucky not having any issues. I have had mine since launch and I have had a total of 4 bsod which required battery pulls and the occassional data drop but for the most part it has been a solid phone. After playing with the Nexus though I do wish I had waited to upgrade, especially now that it looks like ICS isn't coming anytime soon.

bbucks36

Reaction score
I dont know but if it was me with returning the phone 4 to 5 times , i think i would have stopped at the second return. I would have switched to something else. Majority of the times when you do return your phone they give a refurbished one. But then again someone is out to get you. :blink:

3sweeties

Reaction score
hubby and I have two rock solid bionics.... an occasional hiccup, but great stock phones. We are in a 4g area travel to 3 g areas... still no problem.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
Please don't read this as confrontational...just another POV...but I don't understand how someone will root a phone, throw all different kinds of ROMs on there, and then complain about the phone.

I came from a D1, rooted the hell out of it and enjoyed it. When I upgraded to my Bionic, I liked the UX enough to keep stock on it until I felt the need to root...or just got bored with it. Hasn't happened yet, still stock...and I am one of those with 0-complaints about the phone overall and I have never had to return/exchange for another one. I really, REALLY love this phone. Very excited about it even today and not wavering when I see phones like the RAZR come out right after it.

I can see that there may be a defective phone that will need to be exchanged every once in a while. It happens. Factory dud. However, if one person is HAVING to exchange a Bionic 3, 4, 5x...then that seems more than just bad coincidence. It seems like you're putting too much in the punch bowl when it may have tasted just fine. I agree...it would SUCK if I had a phone and needed to exchange it 4 or 5 times, but I think that if that was the case and it was the PHONE'S fault, then the problem would be much, much more widespread...to even those who don't root.

I support rooting. Loved it on my D1.
But I think that if you go in, tamper with the device to root, throw in someone else's code/OS into the device, there are GOING to be hiccups...and I don't know that I, in good conscious, blame the device itself for the multitude of exchanges that IT'S not necessarily making you go through...but you yourself are making you go through.

Again, this is non-confrontational...it's just that it seemed the blame was aimed at the wrong recipient.
I think we all know Moto isn't "trying to lose customers." They released a product...but you're complaining not of the product they gave you, but the product you turned it into......no?

- HP

This is why you have to wipe everything; cache, data, and dalvik. Some dev's use'd to advise peeps to wipe everything a total of three separate times before they load a new ROM and when they take one off!

Suuperflie

Reaction score
hubby and I have two rock solid bionics.... an occasional hiccup, but great stock phones. We are in a 4g area travel to 3 g areas... still no problem.

I couldn't be happier with my bionic. I haven't noticed a glitch since I updated to .901, much less .902. I'm rooted stock and use just about every function and have had no problems. Even dlna works without a hiccup. I couldn't be happier.

km75

Reaction score
I guess im one of the lucky ones. Ive had my bionic for nearly 2 months now and i dont know what a bsod is because ive never experienced one. Never had the screen lock up. Never needed to do a battery pull. The only place where i have any problems with data is at my girls house. The 4g constantly goes out at her house but it stays on everywhere else that i visit regularly. At first i thought it was the phone but then i started paying attention to how the 4g signal was all the time. Fortunately i came to the realization that it was my location that was the problem and not the phone. But since the 901 update and the subsequent 902 update the time it takes to go from 3g to 4g and back again is very quick and reliable (takes a sec or 2 - no more than that).No longer do i need to use the airplane toggle trick to get the phone to do what it is supposed to do. I guess if i was an early adopter i would have been frustrated too. In this instance im glad i wasnt. All i know is that for me this phone does what it is supposed to do and does it well. Had a d3 and d2 that i rooted and rom'd. Ive had my bionic rooted the day i got it. The only rom ive tried is the ICS rom and that was out of curiosity. The phone for me with the frozen bloatware is good enough as is for me. Glad i dont have some of the problems others are complaining about. Maybe some bionics have problems but its definitely not all of them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk