Love my Bionic - nervous about update!

brunla

Reaction score
I got my Bionic on launch day and have had minimal problems. Yes I have some data drops every once in a while, and I get the black screen maybe once or twice a month. Other then that it is a great phone (except for the camera speed and quality). I'm very pleased with my Bionic over-all.

I keep my phone stock, and do not root. I think tinkering causes so many of these problems.

I have read all the nightmare stories with people and their phones and now I am nervous with the update coming that it might CREATE the problems other people are getting. I'm reading people are getting data drops and Black Screen even after update.

I would love a quicker camera, but what are the chances this update can start to give me the problems so many people are complaining about??

crimattyple

Reaction score
If you haven't had problems before, you're not likely to get them with the update. I'm one who did get the update thru the "soak test" and can say that I've had NO new problems. Camera is MUCH better/faster. No data losses.....quick transfer between 3g/4g/wifi. Love the phone!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I gotta say I have never experienced any issues besides the occasional data drops. But honestly I attribute that to VZW. They are getting ready to flick the 4G switch here on the 15th so I believe the work they have been doing has affected the data. I am rooted and running a TH3ORY ROM and it is as smooth as silk.

Reaction score
I got my Bionic on launch day and have had minimal problems. Yes I have some data drops every once in a while, and I get the black screen maybe once or twice a month. Other then that it is a great phone (except for the camera speed and quality). I'm very pleased with my Bionic over-all.

I keep my phone stock, and do not root. I think tinkering causes so many of these problems.

I have read all the nightmare stories with people and their phones and now I am nervous with the update coming that it might CREATE the problems other people are getting. I'm reading people are getting data drops and Black Screen even after update.

I would love a quicker camera, but what are the chances this update can start to give me the problems so many people are complaining about??

It is my understanding that if you want to upgrade to ICS when it becomes available, you will need to be up-to-date on maintenance updates? Can someone verify this?