I'm back!!!

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
Not that anyone noticed I was gone....LOL

I had the Rezound a month ago and sent it back, had no problems with it, but an unexpected $ issue popped up on the homefront. When that was taken care of, I decided to go ahead and get the Galaxy Nexus.
Straight out of the box, I hated the camera and the call quality was horrible. On a friday (three days after getting it) it got stuck booting up. I called vzw, had to reset the phone. All was well for 24 hrs. Saturday night, same thing. I reset it myself. 24hrs later same thing, but I couldnt reset it. I call vzw they send out new phone. I get the replacement, stick my sim card in (like they told me to) and it wouldnt work. Ok fine...they sent a new card, which I get two days later....Wrong card, they sent one for my Droid 3. Two more days wait I get the correct sim card and the phone is working again.
Today I get up and I have no data at all. My Droid, Droid X and Droid 3 all have full signal. :/
I call vzw, tech has me reset....nothing nadda zip. Im a day past my 14 day time limit and he says I can not return it. I get mad (REALLY MAD) hang up and hit redial. The next tech I talk to asks how she can help me and I said "please help me stop having the urge to throw my Nexus against a brick wall" She laughs and I ask her to please read the notes on my account. After a minute she gets back on the line and asked if I would like the Rezound back...I said YES!!!!!! She said it will ship today! *woot* Im one totally happy chick right now! :D:icon_ lala:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Woot and congrats! Of course we missed you ;)...

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That sucks that you had to go through all that. I love my rezound but was considering getting a Nexus in march just to play with. I have another upgrade coming.

With all the bad stories about it I'm starting to hope something else comes out before then.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I moved from the Bionic and this is the phone I have been waiting for!! You will be glad you came back to the Rezound!!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

JTAC

Reaction score
Not that anyone noticed I was gone....LOL

I had the Rezound a month ago and sent it back, had no problems with it, but an unexpected $ issue popped up on the homefront. When that was taken care of, I decided to go ahead and get the Galaxy Nexus.
Straight out of the box, I hated the camera and the call quality was horrible. On a friday (three days after getting it) it got stuck booting up. I called vzw, had to reset the phone. All was well for 24 hrs. Saturday night, same thing. I reset it myself. 24hrs later same thing, but I couldnt reset it. I call vzw they send out new phone. I get the replacement, stick my sim card in (like they told me to) and it wouldnt work. Ok fine...they sent a new card, which I get two days later....Wrong card, they sent one for my Droid 3. Two more days wait I get the correct sim card and the phone is working again.
Today I get up and I have no data at all. My Droid, Droid X and Droid 3 all have full signal. :/
I call vzw, tech has me reset....nothing nadda zip. Im a day past my 14 day time limit and he says I can not return it. I get mad (REALLY MAD) hang up and hit redial. The next tech I talk to asks how she can help me and I said "please help me stop having the urge to throw my Nexus against a brick wall" She laughs and I ask her to please read the notes on my account. After a minute she gets back on the line and asked if I would like the Rezound back...I said YES!!!!!! She said it will ship today! *woot* Im one totally happy chick right now! :D:icon_ lala:

I ran into the same problems with my Nexus. It just wasn't doing it for me. Called customer care and one guy basically said...you're sh!t out of luck. Hung up and called again. Woman I spoke to asked me what device I wanted. Asked for the Rezound and she threw in the overnight shipping for free.

JTAC

Reaction score
The only good thing the Nexus has going for it...the ICS software.

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
I want to make a clarification right now. Everyone who has it knows they only have it because it has ICS. They want to be able to say I have ics. That's it. The device itself is garbage. Camera sucks, screen is nice and big but its washy and not as sharp as it should be. Has horrible data Connection. I could go on but they need something to justify having it and its purely dev support. I'm glad I don't have it no more. I actually traded my iPhone 4 white 32gb for it and boy that was the worst mistake ever. But now I'm Rezoundin' and loving it. Now I'm sure I might get flamed for this but its true. I had one of the better units and it still was wack as hell. Not to mention the Battery life was the worst of any device I ever owned. Lol ok rant over.

samiusmc

Reaction score
Got rid of my Nexus because it didn't work. The Rezound is awesome.

JTAC

Reaction score
I was hoping for a beautiful screen with the Nexus (made by Samsung. Samsung makes nice screens). I was truly disappointed. Not sharp...grainy...dissatisfied all around. LOVE the Rezound.

cp24eva

Reaction score
I applaud and tip my hat to all of those that gave the Nexus a try and figured out that it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I was at the store again yesterday thinking that it was really a nice phone. And it is, but when you can't depend on the signal, then that's a problem. But welcome back folks!

JTAC

Reaction score
Only thing I wish my Rezound had that the Nexus had was, ability to customize LED notification colors.

Mikejl

Reaction score
Only thing I wish my Rezound had that the Nexus had was, ability to customize LED notification colors.

+1

That is the only thing I miss. I am happy with everything else on the rezound.

Mike

OP
mysticalmalissa

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
tumblr_lvpe6bpd451qf4sh1o1_250.gif

I got my phone!!! :D