Continuous Reboot / Backup

PatG

Reaction score
So my 1 month old Rezound went into the continuous reboot loop this morning. I did the pull battery and SIM card trick and reset the network. Rebooted the phone 4 times to test it out further. Twice the setting did not "stick" and i had do pull the battery / SIM card again. Right now the phone is up and running. Has anyone had the reboot problem where the battery / SIM card problem did not completely fix it and you had to actually return the phone. Did you get a new one or did they try to give you a refurb? This also brings up another problem, which is backing up the phone. It took me a few days when I went from my D1 to the Rezound. Most of the issues are not with installing the software, but all the custom settings of the phone and the apps. So what would be a good backup application (I am NOT rooted) in case I have to exchange the phone to get me up and running as fast as possible. Thanks!!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
So my 1 month old Rezound went into the continuous reboot loop this morning. I did the pull battery and SIM card trick and reset the network. Rebooted the phone 4 times to test it out further. Twice the setting did not "stick" and i had do pull the battery / SIM card again. Right now the phone is up and running. Has anyone had the reboot problem where the battery / SIM card problem did not completely fix it and you had to actually return the phone. Did you get a new one or did they try to give you a refurb? This also brings up another problem, which is backing up the phone. It took me a few days when I went from my D1 to the Rezound. Most of the issues are not with installing the software, but all the custom settings of the phone and the apps. So what would be a good backup application (I am NOT rooted) in case I have to exchange the phone to get me up and running as fast as possible. Thanks!!

There aren't any good ones that work completely without root. That's half of the problem. Mybackup doesn't get everything without root(if memory serves properly). And that's one of the better ones on the market. Also check the bootloop thread here: **Bootlooping Network Problem *FIX INSIDE* - xda-developers

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
my phone did it about 8 times but hasn't done it in a few weeks. i never had to pull my Sim card or battery, just take off the back cover so the phone got no signal, then i could change the setting off of WCDMA preferred. not sure why it can be so different.