Battery dead after shutting phone off at night

PatG

Reaction score
I charged up my Rezound during the day; gave it more juice. Before going to bed I shut off the phone and did not plug it in as the battery was at 90%. Wake up this morning and the phone won't power up. Plug it in and the orange LED is blinking. After a few minutes the phone powers up and goes into a continous reboot. Pull off the back cover; reset network back to CDMA.

1. Why would the battery be dead after I shut off the phone with 90% power at night? Did not shut down correctly? What could cause it to drain?
  2. Seems like the continuous power-up loop / wrong network has something to do with the battery going to low. Unfortunately I have seen that problem a lot on my phone; it happens about once every other week. Not just because of low battery, but also when I shut it off and plug it in. Or when hopping on an airplaine and just shutting it off for a few hours. I also found that I don't always have to pull the SIM card. Actually most of the time I can just pull the cover, power it on, reset the network, and pop the cover back on. No additional reboot required.

However, the batter being dead now has me worried. Has anyone else seen that? This problem along with the continuous problem of the network getting set wrong is having me thinking of exchanging it. Of course I'll get just another refurb!!

Or wait until ICS and see if these problems are fixed; if they are software related!! BTW, the phone is 100% stock.

Thanks!!

Thanks!!

Pacco17

Reaction score
I would probably take the phone int6 a corporate store and swap out the battery explaining to them what the issue you are having. They will test out the battery and more than likely would swap out a fresh new battery. I just did this yesterday because my extended battery overheated the other day and they swapped out the battery for me. The second option would be to do a factory reset. Good luck.