If you THINK you bricked it

davisar5

Reaction score
total noob

So I read briefly some instructions on how to get this fascinate upgraded to ICS, followed the instructions for Cyanogenmod's version up to the point where I got an error stating "signature verification failed" in which I searched for a resolution on various forums where I was instructed to roll the OS back to v2.1 because 2.3 and 2.2 verified the MD5 before allowing a flash. I both checked the update.zip file and the MD5 matched so I attempted to roll the version back to 2.1. I found that Odin was the easiest way to do this so I downloaded Odin v1.0 not knowing that it had a built in ATT rom pack. I have no idea what to do now that my Verizon phone now boots up as an "AT&T World Phone" logo and all. I cannot boot into the manual loader nor the downloading mode, all that happens is a constant power cycle of the AT&T boot load logo. I have the drivers for samsung fascinate installed and my XP computer does not load the USB device when I plug the microUSB cord in. Can anyone assist me in recovering this phone or am I left with a paperweight?

Thanks for your time and attention.

I partially resolved this by swapping out hardware components from another phone with a broken screen. lol Couldn't find any other fix.

WillisD

Reaction score
davisar5 said:
So I read briefly some instructions on how to get this fascinate upgraded to ICS, followed the instructions for Cyanogenmod's version up to the point where I got an error stating "signature verification failed" in which I searched for a resolution on various forums where I was instructed to roll the OS back to v2.1 because 2.3 and 2.2 verified the MD5 before allowing a flash. I both checked the update.zip file and the MD5 matched so I attempted to roll the version back to 2.1. I found that Odin was the easiest way to do this so I downloaded Odin v1.0 not knowing that it had a built in ATT rom pack. I have no idea what to do now that my Verizon phone now boots up as an "AT&T World Phone" logo and all. I cannot boot into the manual loader nor the downloading mode, all that happens is a constant power cycle of the AT&T boot load logo. I have the drivers for samsung fascinate installed and my XP computer does not load the USB device when I plug the microUSB cord in. Can anyone assist me in recovering this phone or am I left with a paperweight?

Thanks for your time and attention.

If you flashed an at&t rom pack, you might have fried the modem being any phone on at&t uses gsm, when I had my fascinate if u did this you can get it back to a vzw stock but basically was doomed