If I go from Moto Droid to Incredible

dilloff

Reaction score
It was true for me. Anyone else have any luck with this method? It was a brick wall for me.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
If you have issues with the Droid, you can always call the retention group (call in and say that you are canceling your plan...ask them how to port). I have had a lot of issues with the phone quality of my Droid, and they allowed me an early upgrade after only having the Droid for about 3 months.

I tried to do this today via *611 customer service at Verizon. They checked details of my plan, current offers, and said it was not possible for me to upgrade. I've had moto droid since November, but I would also like to make the incredible switch. I asked to speak with customer service supervisor, stated that I was interested in ending my service if they couldn't work with me, and he still replied thee was no way to offer early upgrade. I even quoted the post above, that it had been done for another individual. The only offer he said would work is if I was on a non data plan smartphone and went to a data plan. He did say I could check with an official verizon store to see if they could make me a special offer depending on inventory. I quickly made a trip to verizon store before they closed and they looked at me like I was nuts. This myth seems busted.

What you need to do is tell them you want to get the new phone and EXTEND your contract by 2 years and they will do it. They have for me twice.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Still use Touchdown on my Incredible...Paid for it so I'm using it :)

OP
S
Reaction score
i am using INC stock exchange app but i am missing a few TD features [like html emails, global address book] so I might load it back up.

bass_lover1

Reaction score
Hmmm, my mom's line is due for an upgrade but she's happy with her phone and probably won't use it. Considering upgrading hers so I can get the Incredible. I can probably sell my Droid for around 100 so a brand new Incredible for 100 doesn't sound too bad.

Decisions, decisions.

BzB

Reaction score

i am using INC stock exchange app but i am missing a few TD features [like html emails, global address book] so I might load it back up.

the newest version of touchdown (6.0) looks pretty nice with the updated interface. it was very useful on the droid because the stock android mail app was so lackluster to me. however, the HTC mail app is much better than the android mail app imo and i've been using that over td from the day i got the inc.

i tried going back to td after the update yesterday and used it up until around noon today, then i ended up switching back to the HTC mail app. even though it's not as feature filled as td there's just something about HTC mail that appeals to me more. maybe it's the clean and no nonsense look of the ui.

i'm still hanging on to td though, and it's still a very good app. just not using it for now.

Guchi

Reaction score
Hmmm, my mom's line is due for an upgrade but she's happy with her phone and probably won't use it. Considering upgrading hers so I can get the Incredible. I can probably sell my Droid for around 100 so a brand new Incredible for 100 doesn't sound too bad.

Decisions, decisions.

i sold my droid for almost $350 on ebay

OP
S
Reaction score

the newest version of touchdown (6.0) looks pretty nice with the updated interface. it was very useful on the droid because the stock android mail app was so lackluster to me. however, the HTC mail app is much better than the android mail app imo and i've been using that over td from the day i got the inc.

i tried going back to td after the update yesterday and used it up until around noon today, then i ended up switching back to the HTC mail app. even though it's not as feature filled as td there's just something about HTC mail that appeals to me more. maybe it's the clean and no nonsense look of the ui.

i'm still hanging on to td though, and it's still a very good app. just not using it for now.

I know what you mean using HTC myself for now and use TD as a backup if need be.

pntr2001

Reaction score
So I am looking at buying the incredible and giving my wife the my droid. I'm just not sure if I would be happy with it. It took me forever to make up my mind to get the droid, Glad I did I loved that phone. So anyone with a incredible let me hear some of the pro's and con's of the incredible vs moto droid. Thanks

jasonb

Reaction score
So I am looking at buying the incredible and giving my wife the my droid. I'm just not sure if I would be happy with it. It took me forever to make up my mind to get the droid, Glad I did I loved that phone. So anyone with a incredible let me hear some of the pro's and con's of the incredible vs moto droid. Thanks

Everything about the incredible is better. I am coming from a rooted and overclock Droid and I don't miss it one bit. The Inc is just better in every aspect.

bass_lover1

Reaction score

Decisions, decisions.

i sold my droid for almost $350 on ebay

Just did an eBay search and the ending prices on the cheap end seem to be around 200, so 250+ isn't a stretch. Though I hate selling phones on eBay, so I'd probably do CL instead.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Everything about the incredible is better. I am coming from a rooted and overclock Droid and I don't miss it one bit. The Inc is just better in every aspect.

Your Phone Model under your name says otherwise :icon_eek:;) lol j/p