ICS Upgrade from 5.7.893

WenValley

Reaction score
I flashed my stock Bionic to 5.7.893 from a leaked version and now I'm off of the upgrade path. I've read over 400 posts that describe a variety of methods to get my phone back to the old version, then on to the 902 version.

I've tried sargentmajord's method and hammered at my phone with no luck. I read all of Dhackers posts and I've read the posts on the "one click" method. Thanks for the PM sergentmajor, and I tried your suggestion with no luck.

Here's my question, will the ICS upgrade bring my phone up to 902? I can wait if the answer is "yes". If the answer is "no", then I can continue to try and upgrade manually. I'm concerned that I will totally brick my phone if I keep poking with it.

Thanks.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What exactly fails during FXZ attempts?

OP
W

WenValley

Reaction score
Thank You for the response.

sergeantmajord suggested that I download 902-Bionic_Pathsaver_Windows.zip, which I did. I downloaded it and saved it to a new folder and unzipped the file. I attempted to use option 1, per instructions.

I had the phone charged, I had debug turned off and I booted the phone into fastboot. The phone was set to charge only, and I selected option 1. The script errored out with an "unable to locate device" (or similar error, may not be exact message).

I have downloaded the VRZ_XT875_5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml file and have it in another folder.

I downloaded the Motorola_PreRelease_Mobile_Drivers_5.2.1_64bit and installed.

So, this is where I'm at as of now. I've read about running RSD lite, I don't have any idea what this file does or what RSD means. Also, I have the FXZ file downloaded but not unzipped in a separate directory.

I apologize for being so clueless, and I appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Replying to your PM...

km75

Reaction score
There is a new. 902 fastboot file that was just released a few days ago. Find that. Download it. Flash it through rsd lite and you should be good to go. And you will be right back on the upgrade path.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lol...yeah they want to get to .902 to be back on the OTA path so they can receive the ICS OTA when it comes

OP
W

WenValley

Reaction score
Will running RSDlite wipe out any of the phone data? Thanks.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Will running RSDlite wipe out any of the phone data? Thanks.
it will wipe the system partition data, but it will leave your SDCard partition as is...

Signing back into GMail will restore your contacts and calendar events and using Titanium Backup can restore your market apps...

Last edited:

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank You for the response.

sergeantmajord suggested that I download 902-Bionic_Pathsaver_Windows.zip, which I did. I downloaded it and saved it to a new folder and unzipped the file. I attempted to use option 1, per instructions.

I had the phone charged, I had debug turned off and I booted the phone into fastboot. The phone was set to charge only, and I selected option 1. The script errored out with an "unable to locate device" (or similar error, may not be exact message).

I have downloaded the VRZ_XT875_5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml file and have it in another folder.

I downloaded the Motorola_PreRelease_Mobile_Drivers_5.2.1_64bit and installed.

So, this is where I'm at as of now. I've read about running RSD lite, I don't have any idea what this file does or what RSD means. Also, I have the FXZ file downloaded but not unzipped in a separate directory.

I apologize for being so clueless, and I appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.
looks like u need to use the older path saver method the one i gave u was a newer one i am surprised it didnt work

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
it will wipe the system partition data, but it will leave your SDCard partition as is...

Signing back into GMail will restore your contacts and calendar events and using Titanium Backup can restore your market apps...
hey mbk my FXZs wont work on a system thats off the upgrade path cuz one the system is diffrent an 2 so is the kernel so he has to use the path saver method

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a new. 902 fastboot file that was just released a few days ago. Find that. Download it. Flash it through rsd lite and you should be good to go. And you will be right back on the upgrade path.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
NO fxz will work on systems that are off the upgrade path u must use the path saver method

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hey mbk my FXZs wont work on a system thats off the upgrade path cuz one the system is diffrent an 2 so is the kernel so he has to use the path saver method

Really?... you tried this? If the FXZ is basically wiping everything in the system am surprised it wouldn't work??

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really?... you tried this? If the FXZ is basically wiping everything in the system am surprised it wouldn't work??
the main problem with leaked updates is that it changes the kernel to an unsupported one so my FXZs cant fix it cuz the kernels are not compatible thats why any update will fail on a leaked update only the path saver can fix his phone oh an hey pm me i got something to tell u

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the main problem with leaked updates is that it changes the kernel to an unsupported one so my FXZs cant fix it cuz the kernels are not compatible thats why any update will fail on a leaked update only the path saver can fix his phone oh an hey pm me i got something to tell u

So someone actually tested with 5.7.893 and got the failed flash?