Ics soak test has begun!!!!!!!!

Droid 51

Reaction score
unbesorgt said:
Beats me... If I had to guess, I'd say it's because quad-cores are in our future (or present in the case of the Razr i) and Moto doesn't want to have to keep them all straight. Just a guess mind you. ;-)

Just asking I didn't see where anyone else asked so I got worried that I might have got a bad file but if all you see now is the M logo then OK I'm good

virgil71468

Reaction score
Sam, sargent any rumor mill on the possible upcoming htc dlx to vzw? Just read on android central. Bad a** specs though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
virgil71468 said:
Sam, sargent any rumor mill on the possible upcoming htc dlx to vzw? Just read on android central. Bad a** specs though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Don't have any sources at htc

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .247 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

virgil71468

Reaction score
k, thx. on razr maxx now but razr forum seems dead, lol. i prefer bionic forum Even though i don't have them anymore. call me sentimental.

Don't have any sources at htc

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .247 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
No. And yes, it is at the moment. Also I'm currently busy fixing bugs in the HoB so I'd hold off anyway until I post 8.2.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The site is back to normal and 8.2 is posted. Make SURE to read the release notes as it's a significant change. RSD is no longer the default flashing method but can be easily enabled if you prefer.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Sam,

If you have a moment, I can't even imagine how busy your are right now.

I was in the middle of HOBing with 8.1 and while the update file was being copied to my phone I decided to pop in here to see what was up. 8.2 was up, and I was in the middle of 8.1. It was little tense getting out by saying No to those prompts after the update file was moved over. ;^)

Is it safe to assume the rest of the files in the link are the same ones that I downloaded last night? Obviously asking about the 905 FXZ and 246 file. That seems intuitive.

And for other folks, remember to move your media off the external card if you have a lot.

Craig

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yea, it's just the 8.2 installer that you'd need to update. It'll turn off RSD flashing mode by default. People have been running into issues with it lately (it SHOULD be the safest way to flash but FML on that apparently) so I changed to moto-fastboot as the default method. And fixed bugs. So you'll wanna get 8.2 and use that. The other files haven't changed.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Thank you sir. I am guessing you had very little sleep last night, if any, so I was trying not to ask the obvious. Doing the deed right now. This is the first moto update that I have decided to not await the OTA, or more significantly the OTA that has been root massaged by a dev. or bundled into something that was rootable. It appears you are the only game in town right now, but it looks like you are on your game, so to speak.

Thanks again,

Craig

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nah I slept quite well. :) I fixed the bugs and added new functionality in about an hour this morning. Had problems with droidrzr as they appeared to be doing maintenance but I got her done. One of my people that had errors last night has successfully fixed it with 8.2 so I'm thinking we're good to go.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
sam,

Thanks again. I am in the process right now of Hobing, and things are looking good. Methinks that once more folks start trying to get the OTA on rooted devices, there are going to be a lot of trainwrecks. I was fortunate in that I still had an unmolested copy of the ext-sh file that was not forever rooted. But, I am not sure that it would be enough, nor whether voodo is up to speed for ICS and root. After reearching for a bit (actually a lot) it sure seems to me that HOB is the way to go. Were a long way from the D1 days where everyone and their grandmother were there throwing dev. resources at it. Thank you most kindly for staying with us .

Craig

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I put a lot of effort (and an insane amount of time) into making the House of Bionic the ONLY utility Bionic users need to manage their Bionics. It's been battle tested over 4 months by hundreds of users. I think it's a pretty useful util for the community. I've tried to make it as simple to use as possible. I feel good about how many people it's helped.