Ics soak test has begun!!!!!!!!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
JB is leakable but only me Sam and matt know how to get it an we will not be telling people how to pull the JB leak till HoB supports it an then we will incorporate the leak into to avoid people just randomly flashing it an crying when they are off the ota path an expect us to fix it

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .247 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

HoB already has support for it. I just need 2 files and we're done. :D

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Lol I want project butter ;)

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .247 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

That too, but I hate looking at my grainy 256x256 contact photos. They're SOOO Much crisper on my TF300 running JB.

I found a "fix", but it involves another app and contact photos on my device.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I guess people don't listen when I say the HoB is dynamic. :) All you need is a healthy FXZ and an update and you're good to go.

dave52355

Reaction score
I'm not going to even try to troubleshoot this cause my patience for today's support issues are running very very low (nothing to do with you), but, if you take the sdcard out and try to update your phone with the HoB, you'll have nothing but a gigantic mess on your hands. Please....don't. I can't handle another "I ****ed up my phone" case today. I really can't.

Sorry I added to your aggravation, was not my goal. I'll hold off and put up with 905 till the OTA hits my phone.

Thanks

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry I added to your aggravation, was not my goal. I'll hold off and put up with 905 till the OTA hits my phone.

Thanks

As I said, it's not you. It's just that everyone seems impatient for the OTA build and feel that's it's ok to "try the House of Bionic" without bothering to read or even pay attention to anything that's on the screen. I've been dealing with "it didn't work. Tell me what to do" posts all f'ing day. It gets really old. Genuine issues I don't mind dealing with. Stupid people who want to be spoon fed I can't. You're not one of them so don't feel bad. I just don't have patience for any more issues to deal with today.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I know this horse will be beat to death, but just so I'm clear...I'm sick of being off the OTA path and want to straighten out once and for all...having safestrapped myself in the past but never using it to switch back or forth, will it prevent me from recieving the OTA...and if so, will it just continue to inform me I'm up to date or will it actually fail the upgrade it's self once it's found? I just want to avoid a FXZ if at all possible.

dave52355

Reaction score
What do you mean by "white screen"? Did you boot into recovery like the instructions said and flash the 246 update file? What exactly happened, step by step?

And yeah as Sam said, you can't use HoB without your SD card. That's where the update file is stored.

Thanks for the reply. The screen dooted with the Droid eye than went white. Left it for about an hour. I misread the the flash 426 step thought it said optional. After FXZ I ran it again with flashing the 426 in recovery but still got that white screen. I redid the FXZ, and will just leave it alone.

aerikb

Reaction score
so, i been sick the last few days and passed out last night waiting for a full charge, no HOBing for me last night :(
But it occurred to me this morning...
are the moto drivers the same as they were, say 8-9 months ago? or do i need to update them before i HOB this evening?
Sam, sorry if thats dumb, ive read how your day has gone, i dont envy you!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Thanks for the reply. The screen dooted with the Droid eye than went white. Left it for about an hour. I misread the the flash 426 step thought it said optional. After FXZ I ran it again with flashing the 426 in recovery but still got that white screen. I redid the FXZ, and will just leave it alone.

So then you're phone is working on 905 then right?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
so, i been sick the last few days and passed out last night waiting for a full charge, no HOBing for me last night :(
But it occurred to me this morning...
are the moto drivers the same as they were, say 8-9 months ago? or do i need to update them before i HOB this evening?
Sam, sorry if thats dumb, ive read how your day has gone, i dont envy you!

They've changed I believe. So, yeah just update them.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Thanks

Thinking about your issue some more I'm concerned for your phone. The OTA is likely to fail given you've tried twice to install 246 with the same result. Can you please detail the exact steps you've taken to get the update to install? I feel that if we don't address your issue sooner rather than later that you're going to end up with a non-functioning phone with no way to fix it.

milkman5306

Reaction score
tjk629 said:
That too, but I hate looking at my grainy 256x256 contact photos. They're SOOO Much crisper on my TF300 running JB.

I found a "fix", but it involves another app and contact photos on my device.

All of my contacts photos have disappered during the upgrade from 905 to ics. Is there something to change to make them all come back (on 905 it just pulled photos from facebook)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums