ICS OTA Rolling out for everyone starting tonight.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Listing their location just gives an FYI for anyone that might be on .905 or .232 rooted or ROM'd and don't want to FXZ back to stock unless they are sure it's already hitting their area....it's kinda one of the ways our forum shares information DYT?

Right, but I've never heard about OTA releases being regional. In fact, my brother and I have both have the Bionic, we live on the same street in the same town, and there have always been multiple days between updates for us.

spudland

Reaction score
Just did a factory reset and the download started up just fine. Unfortunately, it seems to be hanging at 75%. Fantastic.

Wow, I tried this but I get "check for update is not available at this time. try again later." pissed!

Sacrifist

Reaction score
I got that after my 2nd reset. Tried again after a few minutes and it's rolling again. Much faster this time. Fingers crossed - I wonder if there was a server-side problem and they took it down for a bit.

Fero

Reaction score

I'm on 232, non rooted. Do I need to FXZ back to 905 to get the OTA update?

spudland

Reaction score
Did factory reset and going thru update fine now...verifying update...install now...yay!

MightyT01

Reaction score
power off...hold volumes up and down together with the power bottun...it will take you to a menu that you use volume down to get to the stock recovery option...then press the volume up button...it will go to a AndroidBot with an exclamtion button...press both volumes up and down together again (this time without the power button)....you will then be in stock recovery....select the wipe cache option....reboot

+1 for this. If you don't do a factory reset this really helps. It did for my Razr Maxx after ICS update.

Checked this morning and my WiFi only Bionic is downloading the update now. Here's a few tips for folks migrating to ICS:

1. You will lose Flash. No worries, go into the Play store, go to My Apps, swipe to All Apps then scroll down until you find it and reinstall from there. The stock browser for ICS can be a little wonky in handling Flash for ICS. Try Boat Browser in the Play market. Great browser and handles Flash beautifully on my ICS Razr Maxx.

2. To disable bloat be sure to first uninstall any updates then the disable option should appear. Disabled apps appear at the bottom of your all apps list.

3. Webtop 3.0 in ICS is awesome. Hook your Bionic up to your Lapdock or HDTV and have a blast. You no longer need a dock to take advantage of it.

Cheers to all and good luck with your ICS upgrade! :biggrin:

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, does anyone know how ICS with a launcher installed. Kind of curious as to whether I should leave GO Launcher installed or remove it for this?

dihtn

Reaction score
Received my update this morning. Of course 4G was down so swithced to Wifi. Took about 30 minutes but started to download. Just about finished upgrading.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Listing their location just gives an FYI for anyone that might be on .905 or .232 rooted or ROM'd and don't want to FXZ back to stock unless they are sure it's already hitting their area....it's kinda one of the ways our forum shares information DYT?
Just FYI for those in Hawaii, my wife's Bionic just got the update prompt tonite, wasn't there last night, so definitely rolling out here now...... just FYI :happy3:
oh and forgot to mention, My Bionic was already on .246, so had it didn't need it...lol

But that's the problem....it doesn't hit "areas", it hits devices. 100 people could all live in the same block and only one get the update now, the rest spread out over a week or so, while in another state an identical block of 100 people....50 get it and 50 don't. That's why people are saying it's not important to list where you live when you get an OTA, it has nothing to do with what area you are in.

kechamb

Reaction score
I still do not like the stock laumcher and stayed with ADW, that allows more customization. So my answer try both and see what you like but do not get rid of go launcher until you have made up your mind.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still do not like the stock laumcher and stayed with ADW, that allows more customization. So my answer try both and see what you like but do not get rid of go launcher until you have made up your mind.
Well then how do I get rid of the launcher without uninstalling it so I can see how ICS is without it?