ICS OTA Rolling out for everyone starting tonight.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Listing their location just gives an FYI for anyone that might be on .905 or .232 rooted or ROM'd and don't want to FXZ back to stock unless they are sure it's already hitting their area....it's kinda one of the ways our forum shares information DYT?
Just FYI for those in Hawaii, my wife's Bionic just got the update prompt tonite, wasn't there last night, so definitely rolling out here now...... just FYI :happy3:
oh and forgot to mention, My Bionic was already on .246, so had it didn't need it...lol

plrichard

Reaction score
Is anyone having an issue with the download not appearing in the notifications bar? I started the update and nothing showed up that it was downloading so I restarted my phone...then it showed "Download will resume on Wi-Fi/Off-peak hours." Then when I connected to Wi-Fi it said "download suspended...will resume shortly" but it never did. I've done two factory resets now and I just checked for the update again but nothing shows as downloading on my notifications bar. Is that normal?

spudland

Reaction score
Is anyone having an issue with the download not appearing in the notifications bar? I started the update and nothing showed up that it was downloading so I restarted my phone...then it showed "Download will resume on Wi-Fi/Off-peak hours." Then when I connected to Wi-Fi it said "download suspended...will resume shortly" but it never did. I've done two factory resets now and I just checked for the update again but nothing shows as downloading on my notifications bar. Is that normal?

I started on 4G but the signal's a little weak at my house so I switched it to wifi and now I have "download suspended...will resume shortly..." but the progress bar isn't showing any "blue"...even though I have that download icon cruising along in the top bar. Guess I'll hold out a little hope for an hour then head to bed.:angry:

plrichard

Reaction score
Well I was already connected to Wi-Fi when I started the download this last time and nothing showed up, so I waited a while and finally disconnected from wifi and got the "Download suspended...will resume shortly..." and now it's downloading on 4G. Don't know what happened but at least it's rolling now.

stinger1991

Reaction score
I got the update, but after I hit download now, I dont see any signs of the update downloading, nothing in notification curtain, no progress bar, nothing. but when I manually check for updates, it says it is being downloaded. is this normal?

spudland

Reaction score
Well I was already connected to Wi-Fi when I started the download this last time and nothing showed up, so I waited a while and finally disconnected from wifi and got the "Download suspended...will resume shortly..." and now it's downloading on 4G. Don't know what happened but at least it's rolling now.

You getting a progress bar?

spudland

Reaction score
I got the update, but after I hit download now, I dont see any signs of the update downloading, nothing in notification curtain, no progress bar, nothing. but when I manually check for updates, it says it is being downloaded. is this normal?

That's what I got too, which is why I switched to wifi, but that's still showing suspended so I switched back to 4G...getting ready to jump in the car and drive half a mile to where the 4G reception is great!

stinger1991

Reaction score
I switched to 4G and am getting Update suspended. What can I do about this?

plrichard

Reaction score
I switched to 4G and am getting Update suspended. What can I do about this?

I don't really know what happened with me. Like I said, I was on wifi, got nothing, turned off wifi and connected to 4G, got download suspended, then it started downloading. So I don't know what to tell you.

stinger1991

Reaction score
about how long did it take for update suspended to go away? I am so anxious lol

Nezdude87

Reaction score
maybe some stupid questions:

As I mentioned in a post in another thread earlier tonight, I'm on the extended network with no wifi, so I can't download it directly to my phone. I'm tethered to my lappy. Is it the .246 version? and if so, if I found a link to download .246, is it the actual version in the ota update?

I'm on leak 232 right now, it was the only one I could find, and the one most people seemed to be using.