ICS update coming soon!

jhom

Reaction score
How about starting a pool with the winner crowned Sir/Madame I Told You So?

zirkdog

Reaction score
Where have i read this thread before???

Sarge, is that you with a new screen name? This prediction has your style all over it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where have i read this thread before???

Sarge, is that you with a new screen name? This prediction has your style all over it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
nope it wasnt me this time after getting stabbed in the back an losing respect from my fellow bionic users i wont ever call moto or verizon again except to give them the middle finger i just started getting kudos an respect back by creating this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html
i am not about to post something like that again a ruin the rep i am slowly starting to build up now lol the DMX show even made a youtube video of itdancedroid

Last edited:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
And just to make sure this discussion doesn't turn into flaming and trolling, I am posting in this thread :icon_ devil: Let's keep the discussion civil please.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
And just to make sure this discussion doesn't turn into flaming and trolling, I am posting in this thread :icon_ devil: Let's keep the discussion civil please.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
yes sir

Reaction score
It's not beyond the realm of possibilty that Moto has thrown us a bone (.902) while working on ICS as well. When Microsoft works on a new OS (Windows 8), they still continue to provide maintenance updates. It's not really that different. I am due for an upgrade with Verizon May 5. If no ICS by then, then no Bionic for me.

zirkdog

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Verizon. He said they got info from Moto on the 6th that they were rolling out an ICS update for the Bionic. He said judging by the date they should have started rolling it out already. Anybody got it? I know I'm going to be checking for updates very frequently now.

Have any of you ever met the people that work at customer service call centers? These aren't people with top level clearance or any clearance for that matter. They answer calls and follow the on screen prompts that the computer gives them. They have no special interest in Verizon because they're just making a paycheck while telling you to, "try a battery pull." They could be doing CS for Verizon one day and Capital One credit cards the next. You may love your Bionic and hold it near and dear, but they see it as just another phone. Moto/Verizon are not feeding them any insider info.

It's my guess (and just a guess) that they get sick and tired of everyone and their mother's brother calling in and asking when phone..."XXX" will get upgrade..."XXX", that they just start making stuff up and having fun with it. They have to or else they would go crazy. Stop putting stock in these rumors and stop wasting time calling in trying to get the scoop. Have any of these predictions been right???

nateohio

Reaction score
Wow, a VZW rep that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground? That is REALLY surprising!!!!!:D

OP
Z

zhill29

Reaction score
I just talked to VZW again. I never got the email they promised so I wanted to get that. And I asked for the update version and the guy told me 5.5.902 and I called him a jackass and hung up.

I'm so sorry if I created any false hope guys!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
A typical VZCS call for me, though the only instance where several reps told me the same thing. This was a few days after I bought my X2. I was telling them about the MULTIPLE issues I was having, and they suggested the usual battery pull and mention a reset. Then I asked him if he knew when Gingerbread was coming out. He paused for a second and told me I should already have it. I tried so hard not to laugh out loud. He absolutely INSISTED I should have Gingerbread, had me look for the update, hung up with me and had me look again then called me back (even though I didn't bother looking). Basically he was clueless. Then, sure enough, I tried again a few days later with almost an identical response and suggestions, even after explaining to them what I'd already done. Gingerbread was released about a month or two after that if I remember correctly. And the Droid X I think had received it a week or so after the X2s release. Just sayin...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking at threads like these I've come to the conclusion that talking to Motorola or Verizon is like using a Magic 8 Ball. And even if everyone asked the same question there is no guarantee that all answers will be the same.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I'm surprised that they would either slip you confidential information or just make something up. These calls are recorded and used in random quality checks, for their reviews, and in case someone complains about a particular person. They know they're being monitored, so why would they take a risk? Some have suggested that VZW is using the phone reps to leak info and that is a possibility, though you would think they'd leak true information. Hype over phones and phone updates keeps the techies coming back for more, don't doubt for a minute that VZW and other companies play that to their advantage.

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Update wait

I just got off the phone with Verizon. He said they got info from Moto on the 6th that they were rolling out an ICS update for the Bionic. He said judging by the date they should have started rolling it out already. Anybody got it? I know I'm going to be checking for updates very frequently now.

7/5/2012
Still waiting for my Bionic update.