iCrap...

blackterry

Reaction score
Just venting a little here..

My daughter dropped her ipod last week and smashed the screen.. yes inside an otter box.. and i just spent $160 getting her a new one..

Just now sitting here on the couch my son walks buys and drops his ipod and it was not a hard drop and he has a rubber case... SMASH...

Do you know how many times I've dropped my blackberry's, my droid x, my droid razr and I mean hard hard drops effin hard many many times with no problems.. !! needless to say now that Jobs is dead I hope "i" goes down the ****ter they deserve it for making such over priced pieces of crap !!!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Anything will shatter if it lands wrong. Seen many types of devices do it. All in the luck of the draw (or fall in this case).

OP
B

blackterry

Reaction score
i disagree... i see a razr or any other phone / handheld screen break here and there not constantly.. iJunk... !! cool apps but low build quality.

1tfrot

Reaction score
yep, both my kids have dropped and broken their ipods as well. just spent $100 to fix my sons and since my daughters was a small crack, I stopped by the local windshield repair place and got one of their chip repair kits and it worked great. otterboxes on the way for both of them just in case. I've dropped my rezound once and it just bounced and I picked it back up (love the otterbox)

skruid

Reaction score
I dropped my d1 and my Droid 2 global and smashed there screens, and they both were in cases, it is all about had they land I dropped them a couple times before that and got lucky and they didn't break, for god sake it is glass it can shatter and break, that is just it fragile properties
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ambrown

Reaction score
I've dropped my phone a few times, even once in a puddle of water. I gotta say, good job HTC on the engineering! I do have a case but it just softens the blow since the case has cracked open when I've dropped it.

The thing that makes me believe the stories of poor glass performance on the iPhone is that I see people all the time with horrendously cracked screens, or backs, on their iPhones. I'm not a huge iHater since Apple has been getting better on the IOS front, but you have to wonder what the heck they were thinking when encasing such an expensive device completely in glass....

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app