Cracked screen on daughters MAXX

lhardeman56

Reaction score
I scrolled thru the first 100 threads and didn't see any discussions cocerning cracked screen.

My daughter has had her MAXX for 3 months and the screen has cracked at an angle in top rh 1/4 portion of the screen. I thought I had read several threads in here a few months back that this is an issue.

She dropped it several weeks ago and all was ok. Three days ago she was lying in the sun and had it on a towel next to her. When she picked it up to use it, there it was. No drop this time.

Are her only options to use insurance or send it to motorola for repairs?

Is this a HUGE problem with MAXX?

She has a bad habbit of taking it out of her otter box for days at a time. :(

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yep insurance , moto fix it or you fix it yourself :(

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think had it been left I'm the otterbox, it wouldn't be cracked... that's my thought..

My wife dropped her maxx on one of the 35 lbs dumbells she uses for workouts.. and it bounced off of the 80's I use....it gouged the military shield screen protector... but the defender took the brunt of the force... no crack, no damage.

What happens with these devices is flex. They're so wide and thin, that they're prone to flexing which causes stress on the glass...

But your options are as justin said.

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Furthermore, if it was already stressed from the fall (either a microscopic fracture or slight chip at the edge), but hadn't developed the full crack, or it wasn't yet visible due to being tiny and only at the edge, leaving it in direct sun could have caused the case to expand, warp, or flex temporarily due to the excessive heat and that could have touched off the runaway crack.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think that about covers it :) lol