Thought you guys would like this.

boatman2220

Reaction score
My question has always been, why not get a iTouch to play with? You want a phone that you can actually make a call with. Yes, truth is stranger than fiction. LMAO,reading about things like this.

gentlefury

Reaction score
Awesome story. I used to work for verizon and it was usually a pretty easy conversion if someone was on att.

Then I tried to sell t-mobile, totally different story. I felt dirty selling that service.

I can proudly say that in 5 years of using verizon I have never dropped a call.

Brandon314159

Reaction score
Awesome. Made my day. :)

VZW rocks hands down in the s-holes that end up having to work in. Other carriers, other than maybe nextel? (I work where a lot of emergency responders work) can't even touch.

Loving the Droid since day one. Showing it to iPhone friends...its turning heads.

OP
xjman349

xjman349

Reaction score
Awesome. Made my day. :)

VZW rocks hands down in the s-holes that end up having to work in. Other carriers, other than maybe nextel? (I work where a lot of emergency responders work) can't even touch.

Loving the Droid since day one. Showing it to iPhone friends...its turning heads.

:) Love my job. Its so easy to do your job decently when you love it.

xtreme

Reaction score
At work the other day I received a call from a customer I thought you all would enjoy.

"Thank you for calling Verizon Wireless my name is *****. Can I please have your first and last name?" my intro stated.

"Linda and Derrick ***** we need to know when our contract ends because we got these iPhones and we are loving them."

When a call starts like this my eyes light up because I have the ability to explain why the Droid > iPhone. As we proceeded to talk, the customer informed me they had tried the Droid and thought it was a good phone, but wasn't as easy to use. The call dropped. As I sat wondering what had just happened, I realized the caller ID they were calling in from wasn't either of their numbers listed on the account. I saw the number that they were calling from and called them back. Linda answered the phone and stated she was sorry that the phone had dropped the call. I chuckled and began again explaining the benefits of the Droid compared to the iPhone. The customer stated she had enjoyed Verizon Service and had been with us for 13 years, however she loved the new iPhone and was going to keep it. The call dropped again. As I picked myself up off the ground from laughing so hard I called the customer back again. She then stated that the call had dropped again and she then confessed that this was something that had been happening very often and she had dropped 13 calls that day. My favorite quote she said " I bet after the call dropped you were laughing, we were too." Needless to say 1.5 hours later and 6 more dropped calls I ordered her 2 Droids, had them overnighted and she returned her iPhones the next day.

The best sales rep for Verizon and the Droid, is AT&T's service.

the other funny thing about customers is when they want to go to ATT because our older phones said EV instead of 3G and they wanted a 3G phone, and after tryin to explain the EVDO was 3G they still sit there with a blank look on their face