Eris in the bathroom....

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup. Steam does condense into liquid water when it cools. I doubt that there are many steam-proof smartphones on the market.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This brings up a good question, do you all think these phones (Droid and Eris) are so sensitive to water that you don't answer your phone if you are outside in the rain?

I'm not talking about standing in a downpour talking for hours, but is it really realistic to not use your phone when neccessary if it is raining?

When it's raining, I tend to be wearing a hoodie, so if I gotta talk on the phone, my hand and the Droid go into the hood. The same with snow.

As for the bathroom issue, I've taken my phone into the bathroom every time I shower...But...when I think about it, the bathroom is in my room, and since I got the Droid [or before that], I've been locking my bedroom door and leaving the bathroom door open to blast my iPod on my iHome clock/radio, and there's considerably less humidity...but I'm sure I've used it in there with the door closed at least a handful of times. We don't have a fan either...

So thanks for the heads up!

I stopped a charging bison with my droid, then I mailed it third class to Pluto... and back, on the return trip the space-mail delivery truck took a wrong turn and landed in the Pacific and sunk to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, two days later my DROID trotted back into my hand, good as new. Droid does.

I think you might be my hero...

gentlefury

Reaction score
I guess my wife likes to take her phone into the bathroom while she is taking a shower. Leaves it by the vanity so she can check time when she is getting ready. She had noticed her battery was being drained during the day with little to no use. Charged it all night, and by the end of the day has 5% left. We took it into VZW last night as she has had the phone for 35 days. Took off the back plate on the phone and noticed the moisture strip had turned red as if she dropped it in water. The moisture from the shower triggered it. VZW is giving her a new phone surprisingly because of the battery issue. Don't take your droids into the bathroom when you take a shower.

VZW insurance covers water damage now. You no longer have to lie.