Scratch on screen voids entire Droid warranty?!?!?!?!

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I just had to tell this story. I have been having a problem with the icons being pushed with the phone in my pants when using a BT headset. I realized that if the pocket lining is thin that it will sense the skin on your leg through the pocket lining and randomly push icons during a call. One solution would be to get an app like Screen Suite, which locks the screen during calls. Another would be to keep the phone in a sleeve. Verizon has a very nice leather sleeve on closeout for $9.97, both in the store and on the web site. It looks like a $20 sleeve. Not as nice as the Sena, but good.

I stopped at the Verizon corporate store at the local mall this morning to get one. I found it in the closeout display and the sales person came up to me. She asked me if I wanted to try it, which I had already planned to do. I took the Droid out of my pocket and inserted it into the sleeve. It was a perfect fit, with the top 3/4 inch of the phone sticking out the top. She immediately said that it would not work, as the top wasn't protected, even though this sleeve is recommended for the Droid. I told her that it had to stick out so that there was some way to grab the phone to remove it. She still insisted that it was the wrong sleeve and that I should get a different case. I told her that I already had 2 cases and I just wanted a sleeve. She then asked me why I didn't have a screen protector on the screen. I told her that I hated screen protectors and that I had never scratched the screen on any phone or MP3 player that I have ever owned. She then proceeded to tell me that if I got a scratch on the screen that it would void the phone warranty. I told her that I knew that a scratched screen was not a valid warranty claim. She said, "No, it will void the entire warranty of the phone." I told her that was not true, but she kept insisting that any scratch on the phone would void the entire phone warranty, even the battery or anything else. She repeated it several times. I had to leave the store and let my wife finish the transaction before I told her what I really thought of her or called her something that I would later regret.

End of story. I just thought that someone would find this amusing, or sickening, whatever.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Did you ask her where her head was?

SpykeZ

Reaction score
wooooow lol, 1) the screen is made of gorilla glass, I've seen razor blades attack that glass and not so much as a blemesh shows up. 2) A scratch doesn't void squat