Ice Cream Sandwich-like Features Already in Bionic; Full Port of ICS Coming to Bionic

Zecpull

Reaction score
I have heard ICS is able to Remove Any apps on the Phone you do not want or use.. Or at least make them not able to Open. this alone would be great news. I am so tired of shutting down Verizon navigator, Back up assistant, and Slacker.. They all open by themselves.. and are hogs.
I am hoping they get all the bugs out...fast. I am wondering if the Next update for the Bionic will just Be ICS.. and they are just waiting for the Launch of the Nexus. ?

Reaction score
Umm... the specs alone make the Bionic an inferior phone. 720p screen, faster and higher quality internals, NFC, built for ICS. Yes, the specs don't mean that it'll all come together at the end, but I think the hands-on videos, the demonstrations, and all the review from those who actually know this stuff pretty much makes it CLEAR that it's better.

Even if I used the Nexus, would you take my opinion over the review sites and blogs that have already spoken about it? (I doubt it)

I think you can definitively say that it's a better phone than the Bionic. I didn't even know this was debatable.

I just think that guy was trying to suck up to the Moto rep. Nothing wrong with it. I was just saying it was funny.

Haha. Ur funny...but the bionic, no doubt, is far superior to the nexus. R u kidding me? 5mp camera? No sd card slot...barely clocked faster. Jus cause ics is on it, doesn't make it better. Wait till we get ics.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

pedromartinez

Reaction score
Haha. Ur funny...but the bionic, no doubt, is far superior to the nexus. R u kidding me? 5mp camera? No sd card slot...barely clocked faster. Jus cause ics is on it, doesn't make it better. Wait till we get ics.

You've gotta be joking. The processor on the Nexus is a 4460. The pictures on the Bionic are terrible, regardless of their greater pixel count.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
You've gotta be joking. The processor on the Nexus is a 4460. The pictures on the Bionic are terrible, regardless of their greater pixel count.

My pictures come out fine. The pics r real life, true color. I don't want over saturated, cartoon, fake pics. But its only my opinion. Outside pics come out great...if u wait for it to focus. And there r plenty of camera apps if I don't like the stock camera. And that processor isn't that much better..maybe slightly.

mandragora

Reaction score

I have to chime in here because I can not believe that there is still so much argument about this phone. I have had absolutely zero problems (with the exception of the data switching problem once every couple of weeks.) This phone does everything I ask it to. It runs my sling box stream flawlessly. It runs HBOtoGo and every game and app I have tried without being slow or showing any lag. What is it people are looking for. At this point a faster phone will not make any difference in your experience. I see no issues with the screen. I am very happy with it and I can see it outside which I never could with my OG. Do you really need 1080P on your phone? Only if you are holding it an inch from your face.

Even when the quad cores come out. What apps could possibly need that power. I cannot believe that anyone has a problem with the Bionic. It is a fantastic phone and I am extremely happy with it.

ex0rcist

Reaction score

Uhm 4460..and the 4430 are the exact same processors. I mean exact... except one is labeled differently because the die process of making the cpus came out slightly cleaner. Here is a screen of my bionic.. stock rom. Rooted. No debloat..no nothing at the same clockspeed as the gnex..

CAP201112011133.jpg

Can you not tell they are exactly the same thing? In fact i bet if my bionic was running vanilla ics like gnex is.. i would be faster. Gnex is guna be an amazing phone but i get tired of ppl saying rzr rezound and gnex.and leaving bionic out... its bionic rzr rezound gnex. How could ppl forget abt a phone with identical specs as two of the best phones out. Infact i think bionic is and will be top3 phone out. Cheers.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

magdream

Reaction score
I have to chime in here because I can not believe that there is still so much argument about this phone. I have had absolutely zero problems (with the exception of the data switching problem once every couple of weeks.) This phone does everything I ask it to. It runs my sling box stream flawlessly. It runs HBOtoGo and every game and app I have tried without being slow or showing any lag. What is it people are looking for. At this point a faster phone will not make any difference in your experience. I see no issues with the screen. I am very happy with it and I can see it outside which I never could with my OG. Do you really need 1080P on your phone? Only if you are holding it an inch from your face.

Even when the quad cores come out. What apps could possibly need that power. I cannot believe that anyone has a problem with the Bionic. It is a fantastic phone and I am extremely happy with it.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. However, while there's no tangible reason for all that extra power at the moment, apps and os upgrades going forward will take advantage of such power, and eventually require it. So if someone can wait and afford it; get the most advanced/powerful phone at that time, to ensure that it will function to the best of it's capability for as long as possible.