Ice Cream Sandwich Includes Impressive Features for the Visually Impaired: Video Demo

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;rnw8vh9y36Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rnw8vh9y36Q[/video]​

Apparently, the Googlers that put Ice Cream Sandwich together didn't want anyone to be left out of the Android experience, including the visually handicapped. They have included some impressive accessibility features in the new Android 4.0 OS that are designed to assist those with visual impairments. It's really creative thinking to include these features in a smartphone, and you must send out kudos to Google for doing this! This seems like another thing to be thankful for about Ice Cream Sandwich

Ironically, these new features are demonstrated in a video above :)

Source: PhanDroid

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Does any other smart phone have built in accessibility features like android?

npro1464

Reaction score
I wish Blackberry would come out with something. One thing I know from having a blind sibling, hard buttons always work best. He can use the computer, but never uses the mouse because it's way too difficult. If it had keys, physical buttons and what not, maybe it could be workable. But the GNex it buttonless! :blink:

Glad to see companies thinking of the blind though. This feature must burn though batteries like a mother!

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
kinda cool, i hope i never need to use it. Hopefully. Im glad somebody is thinking about it though.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
That's really cool.

Considering how much of my time goes towards look at a screen of some sort I'm hoping I don't have to use this before I hit 65+ :D