Ice Cream Sandwich-like Features Already in Bionic; Full Port of ICS Coming to Bionic

DrZenga

Reaction score
All this talk of ICS and that it's coming to the bionic is making me anxious!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

nateohio

Reaction score
Has any Motorola Blur equipped phone ever received an OS upgrade <6 months after the new OS was released for the first time?

Nope... the original Droid kind of did, but it wasn't a Blur phone--Unless I'm wrong, and if so please tell me. But I don't think so.

Has any Droid other than the OGDroid received an OS upgrade (for example from eclaire to froyo) outside of the month of September?
Don't think so. Please correct me and I'll admit I'm wrong. I'm racking my brain but I can't recall.

I strongly believe that there is no way that the Razr or Bionic will see ICS before next summer.

I'm keeping it real and going by historical patterns.

Actually yes, there have been 2 phones that got OS updates outside of the month of Sept that I know of for a fact. The Droid X got Gingerbread in May and the Droid X2 got it in the late july early august time frame

Icculus760

Reaction score
let's see...

You can individually get rid of notifications on blur. While it isn't swiping you can still do it.

Re-sizable widgets have been in blur since day one.

Some of the camera features (like panorama and face detection) have been in blur for around a year.

I can't remember if this was in ics, but if you get a call and ignore it; a pop up comes up and you can send them a quick text explaining why you can't talk. Blur does that also.

thank you for keeping this thread on topic!

alodar1

Reaction score
New to this forum, how reliable has the facebook page been in the past? Positive its not a guy with the first name Motorola?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
As great as this news is, I'm still shocked people were even worried about not getting it. There is no logical reason the Bionic wouldn't get ICS...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't worry they will. :)

The hit or miss nature of these data issues have me wondering if it's got more to do with the 4G cell sites and less to do with the device. Perhaps certain sites are misconfigured and for whatever reason, the Bionic is more sensitive to these types of things. It seems like they do go offline regularly, and alot of the "outages" only affect you when your connection drops and tries to reconnect. As long as you remain connected during the "outage", you are golden. But let the connection drop for one second, and bye bye data. I believe that most of these data issues will iron themselves out as the network matures. If working on cell sites is like other forms of IT work, you are constantly tweaking things to make them better. The engineers in this area seem to have gotten things right, as our local towers provide a stable, fast connection the the 4G network. I remember when EV-DO rolled out back in 2005 or so. It too had connectivity issues in the beginning. Turned out it was the cell site and not the phone, as back then they didn't have OTA updates. I don't even remember taking my Moto e815 to the store to have it flashed. The issues simply disappeared.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
As great as this news is, I'm still shocked people were even worried about not getting it. There is no logical reason the Bionic wouldn't get ICS...

Perhaps people who haven't owned Moto devices prior to the Bionic and don't realize that Moto is generally good (if slow) at updating their device software might be worried? Generally, a Moto device will receive 2 major release updates over its lifetime, with some smaller bug fix releases in between. By then it will have become old enough that they no longer have a team of developers working on it. So I would expect that the Bionic will DEFINITELY see ICS (especially given its 1GB of RAM) and most likely the next release beyond that (Jellybean?)

hookerdj

Reaction score
isnt everyone stepping ahead of themselves correct me if im wrong but isnt honeycomb after gingerbread???? why talk about ics if you dont even have honeycomb yet?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
isnt everyone stepping ahead of themselves correct me if im wrong but isnt honeycomb after gingerbread???? why talk about ics if you dont even have honeycomb yet?

Honeycomb is tablet only

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

Honeycomb was tablet exclusive.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
oh ok my bad then thanks for the update i didnt know???

yeah, don't know if this is true but I read either here on the forum or one of the tech websites that Honeycomb was only created to get Tablets out on the market to compete with the iPad but ICS is ultimately what Android wants all Tabs to ship with.