Ice Cream Sandwich-like Features Already in Bionic; Full Port of ICS Coming to Bionic

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-facebook-bionic-ics-features-post.JPG

This is some great news for Bionic owners. A fellow Bionic user posted a great question on Motorola's Facebook page. Apparently, the Droid Bionic is already using a few features similar to some in Ice Cream Sandwich. Furthermore, Motorola is already working hard to port Android 4.0 to the Bionic and share the timing of it as soon as it becomes fully available from Google!

Can you guys name off some of the features that this user was referring to?

Thanks to Arkbird for this amazing tip!

Source: Motorola Facebook

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
umm they both are running Android? I don't know ICS is unlike any of the former Android builds, so it's tough to say what it is.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I honestly can't remember off the top of my head but I do remember some stuff that blur has that ICS finally has built in. I think it has to do with how contacts are integrated? I would have to rewatch the event to remember exactly but when they did announce the features, I do remember the Bionic already having some of them.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-facebook-bionic-ics-features-post.JPG

This is some great news for Bionic owners. A fellow Bionic user posted a great question on Motorola's Facebook page. Apparently, the Droid Bionic is already using a few features from Ice Cream Sandwich. Furthermore, Motorola is already working hard to port Android 4.0 to the Bionic and share the timing of it as soon as it becomes fully available from Google!

Can you guys name off the features that this user was referring to?

Thanks to Arkbird for this amazing tip!

Source: Motorola Facebook

Awesome!:)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

streetkid

Reaction score
Because some random user *thinks* there are ICS features in his bionic, and because he posted it on facebook, makes it true? Thats just silly.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because some random user *thinks* there are ICS features in his bionic, and because he posted it on facebook, makes it true? Thats just silly.

The user's perspective was that he noticed features on his Bionic that seemed similar to features outed in ICS.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
maybe streetkid was referring strictly to the part about similar features?

streetkid

Reaction score
The user's perspective was that he noticed features on his Bionic that seemed similar to features outed in ICS.

I understand, and thats fine. Its the title of the post, "Ice Cream Sandwich Features Already in Bionic", declaring it as fact that is frustrating. Theres so many rumors circling this community and its already hard to keep it straight without these kinds of things.

Kind of like that facebook post from yesterday, person asking about the Nexus being on verizon, and it somehow meant that the phone was coming in November. Yes we all have heard the rumors about November, but its not confirmed, bottom line.